Round 2 (60): Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska

HoosierCat

• 3 weeks later...

Louis Riddick
@LRiddickESPN
·
4m
Notes:
1) said many times that Taylor-Britt can be a super star.

2) I couldn’t find anything on tape NOT to like about Zach Tom to be perfectly honest.

3) Alec Pierce will be the next guy that 3 years from now people will say “how the eff did he go in the 2nd rd???)

Bump.

In a perfect world Apple has the job to start the year and is playing well and CTB fights his way  onto the field and takes the job from him by playing even better. 

It will be interesting to see how the snaps sort themselves out on a week to week basis.    Hill will push for some of those CB snaps as well, is my guess.

Eli Apple had the most snaps of any CB and 2nd most behind Bell for total DB last year.

I think it will be tough to remove Apple initially because that number of snaps screams durability and versatility.   After the top 3 CBs you probably got 300-400 CB snaps available and probably 300 Safety snaps after Bates and Bell.

• 2 weeks later...

I have said this for a long time:  draft terms of categorization like “steal”, “reach and bust should really only apply to the top 32 and reality the top 15.   

Draft boards vary in the top 15 but by the time you get to 32 there isn’t going to be a clear consensus among 32 different teams so it’s stupid to say a player taken in the 60s was whatever.  

I think Chase was the biggest steal in 2021 draft and I think Jordan Davis will be the biggest steal in 2022.   

Bengals got Chase because teams reached for the 2nd and 3rd QBs. 

It really shouldn’t go very deeper than that. 

On 4/29/2022 at 11:02 PM, TJJackson said:

Well, yall knew some pick would eventually piss me off

This is the one

R E A C H that they traded up for. 

F U C K ! ! ! !

Can you say Bodine?

Why the hell do they keep taking Samples in round fucking 2?

Yeah, he has speed.  Thank god for that, at least

I mean...

On 5/1/2022 at 7:35 PM, Wraith said:

He was just about the last starting caliber CB left on the draft board and by all accounts someone Taylor had targeted early in the draft process having watch alot of Nebraska games.  Being the last CB with a starter grade he was most definitely going in the next 5 picks.

INDEED (as we now have confirmation - he was not gonna last even one more pick)...

In that regard, mem - I will remain unsurprised if he proves to be the second coming of Rod "Toast" Jones

But Id much rather see the second coming of Eric Thomas :-)

and if that happens, I like (err, like might be too strong a word, but).... my crow broiled with no feathers and plenty of bbq sauce

I hated the pick at first as well.  

It wasn't so much that I hated the player, but that I viewed other players as being more valuable at that point in the draft.
However, I won't fault the coaches and front office for targeting someone they think will fit on the team and going after him to make sure we get him.
Yes, we gave up 209 to move up, but going back and looking at the players I would have liked at that point, there was only 1 (WR, Bo Melton).

As I have mentioned while I still feel there were other players that would have been nice to add there, I've warmed to the pick considerably.