Combine stuff - 2022

membengal

Not to be funny, but which FA or draft eligible right tackle are people interested in ??

My argument is that there aren’t many that impress me in FA and rookies are rookies. 

While there are some that will do, there are no stellar FA’s in my opinion. I want them to take a shot on a RT in the draft but don’t want to put the 2022 season on their shoulders.

3 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Not to be funny, but which FA or draft eligible right tackle are people interested in ??

My argument is that there aren’t many that impress me in FA and rookies are rookies. 

While there are some that will do, there are no stellar FA’s in my opinion. I want them to take a shot on a RT in the draft but don’t want to put the 2022 season on their shoulders.

Joseph Noteboom is the FA, I’m most interested in that I think will be available to them.    Not sure if he can be RT.

Orlando Brown would be my top choice but I don’t think the pay or might not get a shot at him.  You move Jonah if this happens. 

For the draft I’m skeptical of taking the 5th or 6th tackle off the board.  There has been a lot hit and misses.  Would be risky to have that as your starting RT plan. 

6 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Everyone raving about Jordan Davis, and for good reason.   But I think Big Daddy had a faster forty time.  Not sure if he did it at the combine though. 

He did not. 

6 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

In essence, I concur with all of that

I absolutely do want to draft an ORT high.....but thats for 2-3 years from now, not for 2022

so I want a veteran FA for 2022

as you said, I dont see any great ones.  Lots of good/great  L E F T tackles, no good/great RIGHT tackles

so gimme a average or slightly better than average guy.  Morgan Moses seems to be best in that category.  If only we'd picked him up in 2022 when we had the chance, New Guy might not be limping right now

Isaiah Prince was PFF rated 58 for the year, so anyone in the upper 60's or higher (and not named Bobby Hart) would be an adequate upgrade

There might be a restricted free agent with a low-ish tender out there as well, but I dont have a list of those to look at

28 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Funny… did we need a list ??

When asked which o-linemen the Bengals spoke to at the Combine, the answer should be….

YES

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

I wanted Morgan Moses last year before he went to the Jets. By all accounts, he wants nothing more than to stay in New York.

because of all their winning football?

45 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

it's a really promising list for them to have talked to.