Offseason Thoughts

cincyhokie

Pretty sure that dumping Ross on the Giants not only won’t get us any picks, but the league will probably take some away and give them to the Giants.  

Also, if that could actually happen, like the reverse of comp picks, our trade of Billie Price for B.J. Hill would get a couple more picks snatched away.  Straight up larceny.

Well, friends, I figured, "fuck it" - life is way too short - so I bought two season tickets just now. Life-long dream fulfilled. North end zone. Will get back for as many as I can, and sell the rest, hopefully to Bengals fans. Without Joe Burrow, I am 100% certain I am not typing any of those words...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, membengal said:

Well, friends, I figured, "fuck it" - life is way too short - so I bought two season tickets just now. Life-long dream fulfilled. North end zone. Will get back for as many as I can, and sell the rest, hopefully to Bengals fans. Without Joe Burrow, I am 100% certain I am not typing any of those words...

That’s awesome, Mem! Smart move! I had 2 of them 2005-2010. It was mostly a great experience. This time around will be better, no doubt! 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Congrats! 

My primary offseason thought is that I wish it wasn't the offseason. Very few other thoughts will enter my mind until football starts again. While I'm spending all my time not thinking, I will fill it with playing Madden instead. The 3072 season isn't going to play itself. 

Football never ends in my world.

I don't even know if I can capture all the goodness that is football...

- The combine is starting up right now.  Yes, I tune in for that and watch highlights on YouTube.
- Teams have to figure out if they are going to use the tag on a player or not.
- Legal tampering prior to free agency.
- Free agency.
- Offseason workout programs.
- The mother fucking draft baby !!!
- OTA's
- Training Camp
- Preseason
- (High school football)
- (College football)
- Start of the season
- Trade deadline
- Playoffs (Hopefully)
- Stupid Pro Bowl
- Super Bowl we will win next year
- Wash, rinse, repeat !!!

Isn't life great ???

The CFL is just unbearable for me to watch.  Believe me, I tried.
For some crazy ass reason San Antonio, Texas got a CFL team when I was stationed there I think in the mid 90's.
The San Antonio Texans played that season and we always got free tickets when they played in the Alamo dome.
We would make a day of it, hitting the River Walk drinking, catch the game drinking and then back to the River Walk for more drinking.
The team wasn't bad either.  If I recall correctly, they did pretty well, but go ZERO support.

No self-respecting Texan was going to go to a CFL game when they had been cheering for the Cowboys and Oilers their whole lives.
It lasted one season there and it was over.  I miss those drink special though...

56 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

4-42 Field Artillery Medical Platoon Sergeant.

Gone now but we were the last unit before you got to the airfield. Part of 4th Infantry Division before they departed Ft. Hood.

Went back a few months ago for the first time in 20 years. Boy has that place changed !!

Ah ok. I was in the 1st CAV. 8th Engineer BN. Ft. Hood is huge. I rarely went down to that end of base where 4th ID was.

In December of 1999 I was in the middle of my nine month long AIT at Fort Gordon. Shoved off to Fort Campbell for the rest of my short and brutal Army life. Spent the next four years deploying everywhere for everything.