O-line Watch 2022

ArmyBengal

22 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Given that the same thing is happening with Brown in Seattle it feels like everyone is waiting for Armstead to set the market.

Well that’s dumb.

He sets the market at 20+ million a year and Collins is taken to the airport and wished good luck.

Collins' heading out:

OT La’el Collins’ visit with the #Bengals has wrapped, sources say. He’s slated to visit at least one more team in the next two days. Cincy is still in play and will remain in communication with the former #Cowboys lineman.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1505333050145755136?s=20&t=QTWnOS_ccXbVAghtA_szRw

Still no clear reason has leaked for him not signing.  I suspect modest offer,  but have no idea what he's asking either.

It’s just an unsettled market. I mean just like Collins Brown has spent two days in Seattle and the latest from Giardi is:

My understanding is the #Patriots told Trent Brown to see what is out there and then come back to them before making a final decision. Brown recently visited  the #Seahawks, where he could play either tackle spot (depending on Duane Brown free agency).

everyone is waiting on Armstead. And no one, teams, agents or players, appears to be in a hurry. So we wait.

56 minutes ago, COB said:

La’el Collins is over here trying to pick up some extra cash, but I’m not paying $350 just to get my gutters cleaned out.  We can’t come to terms.  

Moobs will do it for a $50 Golden Corral gift card so…

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Collins just trying to get paid.   Just move on to other targets.  

It’s not so much trying to get paid, just, what’s the market this year? No one knows. All we have is the chump change Moses signed for. So we wait.

Yeah, no.

2 NFL people I trust have insisted to me the Dolphins are pursuing Terron Armstead, putting Collins pursuit on hold. If they can get Armstead to leave Saints, they could play Liam or Hunt at RT. Or pivot back to La'el if he's available.

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1505340236460605442?s=21

6 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

My point is simply if Collins and his agent think they are going to get Armstead money because he “set the market”, I think they are wrong for all the reasons given.

I would be shocked.  Any team could have had him at $10m. 

Willie Anderson thinks it’s structure vs total dollars.  Which I can see since he did bribe a drug test taker after missing multiple test so the guarantee money should be low. 

9 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

My point is simply if Collins and his agent think they are going to get Armstead money because he “set the market”, I think they are wrong for all the reasons given.

I’m not sure what “Armstead money” is tho. He has his own age and injury questions, which is why I wasn’t one of those calling for the Bengals to throw big bucks at him. Everyone is waiting to see what that number is.

If all reports are accurate, most thought he would see a contract at 20+ million per year. Seeing as how no one wanted to pay Collins 10, it’s not an apples to apples comparison for when Armstead signs a new deal.

To the best of my knowledge, I could be wrong, Armstead didn’t fail a drug test, nor try to bribe a drug tester. That concern alone changes things dramatically when discussing Collins.

I’d venture to say that’s why Big Willie said him signing here had nothing to do with money and everything to do with structure. The Bengals probably want to protect themselves and I don’t blame them in the least.

I’d suspect other teams would have the same concerns.