Carson Palmer and his Bengals opinions

Ox

https://twitter.com/justeric__/status/1492141354322993161?s=21

I don’t get the bitterness. He’s been snarky all week about the organization. Sometimes I wonder why the media just has to find the one guy to rain on our parade. Not saying that some has merit… in the past. But we are in the Super Bowl. 

He really is a bad and bitter person. What a joke he is. 

Crawls out of his hole every year to hit radio row and try and cling to relevance by spewing hate for the Bengals, and it is laughable that he continues to do that this week of all weeks. What a complete soulless prick.

• Like 2

Honestly, I find it hard to tolerate Carson in any shape, form or fashion.

To start, when he was drafted, he was my absolute favorite player.  LOVED THAT DUDE for real.
I looked at him in the same manner that I look at Burrow now, despite being different type dudes.

Then he fucking just quit.  I get it, he's frustrated, people can be assholes, he didn't like decisions.
However, you don't fucking quit.  He blew all of my feelings for him out of the water.

I was ALWAYS taught in life that the secret to getting what you want was.... DON'T FUCKING QUIT.
Seeing him do that made me hate him on a personal level.  I can't abide that thought process.

FUCK YOU CARSON PALMER.  FUCK YOU RIGHT IN THE ASS.
SAD SACK MOTHERFUCKER.

• Like 2

Loved Carson as a player, though as the years wore on in Cincy he became more and more of a liability on the field. I can remember multiple games in his final year where he blew late leads with bad throws in situations where they should have never been throwing anyhow.

Quitting was the best thing he did for the franchise, both because they needed to move on from him (but never would) and because it was a much-needed baseball bat to the face of the front office.

But as far as his nattering here...regarding the Bengals he's still stuck in 2010. Like I said about the media, all of their last decade that exists for him is the five playoff losses, if even that. They had five years of exactly the kind of sustained success he talks about...and as Stripes notes it started the minute he walked out of the door.

Piss off, Palmer. Nobody cares what you think any more.

• Like 1

This happens with alot of guys who grew up with the chosen one moniker.  

Carson is incredibly entitled and he cannot come to grips with the fact that he failed in Cincinnati.  It always is somebody else's fault.  

And look Our organization does this to themselves by not running a typical professional sports front or back office. But hopefully the narratives can change.

• Like 1

And let’s not leave out PacMan Jones from the list of opinions this week. My dude throwing Dalton under the bus for reasons he didn’t win 2 Super Bowl rings. 

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/02/07/adam-pacman-jones-calls-out-andy-dalton-as-reason-why-the-bengals-could-never-have-success/

Palmer lacks character, he lacks grit.  The dude’s a fucking bum.

If Burrow can do everything Palmer couldn’t, if he can be everything Palmer couldn’t be, what does that say about Palmer’s whole 16 year Jihad against the Bengals?

It delegitimizes the whole thing.  Burrow leads us to a Super Bowl in year two, that pretty much puts the lie to Palmer’s “Cinci sets you up to fail”  mantra.  His biggest hope is that things go sideways for Burrow and he wants out, that’s the only scenario in which Palmer saves face here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ox said:

https://twitter.com/justeric__/status/1492141354322993161?s=21

I don’t get the bitterness. He’s been snarky all week about the organization. Sometimes I wonder why the media just has to find the one guy to rain on our parade. Not saying that some has merit… in the past. But we are in the Super Bowl. 

2 issues.

Yes you are correct, the Media for some reason love to bring up the Mike Brown cheapness.

2nd - Palmer knows he f'd up his best Superbowl chance in Cincinnati.   He could have easily been throwing to AJ with an awesome supporting cast and high level defense.    No one in the media ever points out as soon as he quit they went on 5 year streak to the playoffs.

• Like 1

I was going to wait until after the Super Bowl, but the National Media Narrative about the Bengals needs to change.   Anyone rolling out the ole 90s tales of old jocks or whatever is dated.

Things changed in 2003 and further in 2010.

But from 2003 (hiring of Marvin) 19 seasons -

The Bengals have won the division 5 times.  Qualified as a Wild Card an additional 3 times.

3 playoff wins now with 1 Conference Championship. 

I'm guessing that would put them top 10 if you compared against all franchises.    

Every QB drafted with the intent of being the starter has won the division.  Palmer and Dalton multiple times.  Burrow once in two seasons.

Its just time to end this "this isn't the same old Bengals" bullshit.  They have not been that in a loooong time.

Whatever method they've used to add talent has worked.  Marvin couldn't cash the ticket.   Zac did (has 1 more game for the ultimate prize)

Media just needs to own the FACT they failed in their jobs because Cincinnati has a small fan base and didn't bother to look deeper. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The NFL is a for profit venture and it is known that there are teams pushed as selling points for the purpose of making the most dough… there are teams that have been over hyped and made legends while others just deserving have been put out in the cold.  Could the Bengals become one of those next legends yet only deserving of the moniker of “true underdog turned champ”?  Only if the NFL and the media it keeps as it’s succubus let’s it