2022 Offseason Roster Notes

HoosierCat

Jim Turner, horrible o-line person, just got fired from Texas State for being a dick.

When you suck at your job as bad as Turner does, yet your personality is so toxic and horrible that it supersedes your extraordinary incompetence and gets you fired, well, you suck hard.

I wanted Gronk coming out of college when everyone was saying his back was going to hinder his career.
I would not complain about him coming in, but would rather having a younger guy to develop with Burrow and have for the next 4 years.
Give me McBride out of Colorado and run two TE sets with him and CJ (after his extension) and the team doesn't have to worry for a while.

• Like 1

Just read up on Gronk’s blocking.  I always considered him above average.  Now I read he might be the best blocking tight end of all time. WTF.  Ok, at the right price and if he can somehow fit in and not mess with our chemistry which right now has our TE as a top 2 or 3 leader on the offense.  Also if he can get us all a piece of that USAA action, need some new insurance.

The idea of Gronk just feels so…Lost Decade? Like how we were always hoping for that big “name” signing. Warren Sapp etc. I agree it’s great that we’re suddenly seen as an attractive landing spot…but it feels right now like we’re past that. Really I’m more concerned about keeping the talent we have. Every time the Bengals have sniffed success in the past, other deep-pocketed teams have swooped in to throw money at guys. Building a championship team is one thing, maintaining it over time is a whole new challenge.

• Like 1

From the team:

We've signed nine players to the offseason roster. All finished the year on the Practice Squad:
- CB John Brannon
- QB Jake Browning
- C Lamont Gaillard
- S Trayvon Henderson
- HB Elijah Holyfield
- TE Thaddeus Moss 
- DE Noah Spence
- TE Scotty Washington
- WR Pooka Williams

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Playing around in Spotrac I created this 2022-2023 Bengals Roster.

Is it practical maybe not, but, it is possible.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/cincinnati-bengals/2022/28f39776780c63e2b624dfe149bb509f/

I like it. Who do we draft in the middle rounds to back up Joe?

Another Carson? Why not!

another resource: https://overthecap.com/transactions-table/

Bengals don’t normally play the restructuring game but if they change their mind there are several players they could get space from by converting salary in proratable signing bonuses. They could free up $9 million with just a simple restructure of Reader.

Rapaport:

#Bengals QB Joe Burrow suffered a knee injury in the Super Bowl that won't require surgery, sources say, based on initial tests. He’ll have to rehab, but the sprain shouldn’t drastically alter his offseason.

sounds like a mcl sprain like CJ’s. Shouldn’t be a big deal. Good news obvs.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Rapaport:

#Bengals QB Joe Burrow suffered a knee injury in the Super Bowl that won't require surgery, sources say, based on initial tests. He’ll have to rehab, but the sprain shouldn’t drastically alter his offseason.

sounds like a mcl sprain like CJ’s. Shouldn’t be a big deal. Good news obvs.

thank god