SUPER BOWL LVI: Bengals vs. Rams

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

PFF doesn't say we suck we have the 9th highest OVER grade as a team with an 88.2...the Rams are #1 with a 94.1 :(

The thing is they have not played up to their rating as far as wins are concerned.  I question leadership.

Well, there ya go. No. 9 might not technically qualify as sucks, but as compared to No. 1, it might as well.

Note that I'm agreeing with you here, Bengals deserve more respect than the oddsmakers have shown. But everyone worships analytics these days and the numbers don't like Cincy. Honestly, that's fine by me. Keep pissing Burrow off with the underdog narrative. It's worked out real well for the rest of the league so far...

2 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

the question is

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-west/los-angeles-rams/los-angeles-rams-expected-to-rest-starters-in-week-17

did they do so?

kinda surprised that if they did rest starters, Stafford wasnt one of them (per your pick 6 mention above)

the Rams DID NOT REST STARTERS. THAT WAS THEIR FUCKING GOOD TEAM. THEY NEEDED THAT WIN. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

the question is

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-west/los-angeles-rams/los-angeles-rams-expected-to-rest-starters-in-week-17

did they do so?

kinda surprised that if they did rest starters, Stafford wasnt one of them (per your pick 6 mention above)

Nope, they were full go that week.

I mean, that's an absurd article. The Rams were in a life and death struggle with the Cards for the division and hosting  a home game. of course they didn't rest anyone. They just faced that same Ravens team we slaughtered a week earlier and were fucking lucky to win. In the same stadium where earlier this year against a full health Ravens D we hung 41.

But, yeah, unbeatable. Etc. 

I think the most important individual player on offense might be Jonah Williams. I am confident the staff is going to come up with a plan to at least reduce the damage Donald can do. That task will be much easier if Jonah can be at his best against the Miller/Floyd tandem. And he’s no stranger to big games against great opponents, so I feel okay about that.

12 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I think the most important individual player on offense might be Jonah Williams. I am confident the staff is going to come up with a plan to at least reduce the damage Donald can do. That task will be much easier if Jonah can be at his best against the Miller/Floyd tandem. And he’s no stranger to big games against great opponents, so I feel okay about that.

I'm seeing him step up and have a huge game on 2/13.

I was looking at the outcomes of the Rams games a little more.

In each of their 5 losses, they lost the turnover battle.
Those same stellar players still made plays, had the stats, and still lost.

Get after Stafford and pressure the shit out of him.  You can't give him all day to sit back there and pick you apart.
He's not going to beat you with his feet in his 43 yards for the season, but has thrown 17 INT's which was tied for worst in the league.
During the regular season, the Rams beat 3 teams finishing with a winning record (Cardinals 11-6 who also beat them, Colts 9-8, Bucs 13-4).

This is NOT an unbeatable team and the more I look at comparables, the more excited I get about our chances.
These are two teams which are VERY similar and we are going to win this fucking game gentlemen.

In the words of my brother that passed 14 years ago... FUCKIN' FUCK YEAH !!!  WHODEY !!!

One thing that might be worth watching re Donald (who turns 31 in a few weeks) is that he has seen a lot of action in the second half of this year. In the last 8 games he's played 95-100% of defensive snaps in all but one game. Last three outings he's been pretty...human, 1.5 sacks and 9 tackles. Of course he's got two weeks to rest up now so I expect he'll be rarin' to go, but still there's an awful lot of tread worn off those tires.

Also encouraging: back in 2019 the Bengals went to LA and lost 24-10. Donald had one sack, three tackles and was called once for defensive holding while playing against future Hall of Famers Bobby Hart, John Jerry, Billy Price, Alex Redmond and Trey Hopkins. So maybe there's a chance...

Looks like one of the nuisances over the next two weeks will be national media idiots that haven’t noticed this team all season until right now.

”Yeah okay they’re good, but why did they copy the Saints chant???”

I will fly to ESPN or FS1 headquarters and kick someone in the nuts if I must.

• Haha 2

Here is my ONLY concern to be quite honest and it has nothing to do with the game.
It's the two week long constant ego stroke for these young players.
It wasn't long ago we discussed on this board about the team not being able to handle success or reading their own press.

Zac needs to keeps these young men focused on the prize.  Win the Super Bowl and all that other shit will find you.
At that point feel free to get a luxury resort in the middle of the ocean and bury yourself in hookers and blow.

Oh wait, that's MY wish...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

uhm, no caps needed.  I wasnt sayin', I was askin'

I really and truly didnt know

cmon Mem :-)

I was more yelling at the absurdity of that article. That was a shit article. 

ah

I only linked the article as I did a cursory check on whether the Rams had done what we did, ie "we've locked up seed 4, we'd rather rest starters than risk injuries to starters just for the off chance at seed 3".

On a related note, what gets a smile out of me is when national media point out that we were swept by the Browns. Yes guy, we were, but maybe you should go compare the depth chart with who actually played that week 17 game :-)

I really dont mind the national media degrading us for the next two weeks.  Better the players build their motivation than swell their heads with how great they are.  The swelled heads can come after the SB Victory, and Icky leads the whole team in a sideline Icky Shuffle followed (of course) by

W H O D E Y !!!!!

and then of course each player can stuff a full box of lit cigars in their mouths :-)