SUPER BOWL LVI: Bengals vs. Rams

HoosierCat

I think the Bengals blew up that schedule so badly they will be victims of moving goal posts.    They hit the Superbowl so fast with Burrow their success and failure unfairly will be measured based on getting Burrow back and winning one and national media will forget how many times they said Burrow should not go to Cincy.

National media has already jumped into the Chase/Sewell mentality again.   Overlooking they added Chase which is a huge piece and hit gold on a lot of defensive FAs which were another huge piece.  

They could have signed Zietler and drafted Sewell.   Clearly that costs you Chase.  (Slater was the better Tackle anyway) You can pick and choose what Zietler's cap dollars cost you from the defense but it would have been something.     They would have allowed less sacks?  Yes.  Would they be in the Superbowl?    I doubt it.

Chase and that defense were huge parts.  Burrow is excellent but he isn't doing it all by himself.    A lazy hot take is going to diminish the job that was done by suggesting just that.  

• Like 1

When paired up against the best CB in the NFL, our second year and rookie WRs torched him for 160 yards and a TD, and if given another half second by our oline it would have been 214 yards two TDs and a SB loss....if that doesn't excite you as a Bengals fan I don't know what will.

• Like 2