2022 General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

So few decent ORTs available.....scarcity drives price up for any item (or type of person/worker)

I like BJ Hill but I think we overspent by a couple mil there.  But better that than the additional 10M Bears gave Larry

I'd be happy with this guy as a reasonably priced average-ish veteran CB

https://twitter.com/DNewtonespn/status/1503409861681369090

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/aj-bouye/8110  PFF: 66.8

1 minute ago, TJJackson said:

With the two interior OLs now in, I have to guess that Hopkins and probably Spain are sus to return

I hope they are talking to them about accepting backup roles (and pay) for another possible SB Run

Hopkins is still under contract so unless the Bengals choose to cut him he will be a Bengal in 2022.

14 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Hopkins is still under contract so unless the Bengals choose to cut him he will be a Bengal in 2022.

Yeah, but cutting him saves them 6 million on the cap this year.
Then they drafted that Center out of Georgia (Trey Hill) as well, so they have a cheap backup option if Karras plays Center.

Rapoport:

Sources: The #Chargers are expected to sign former #Patriots star CB JC Jackson to a big money deal.

There had been some hopes of him landing in Cincy, always thought that unlikely unless they didn’t franchise Bates.

ETA: 5 years, $82 million, $40 million guaranteed.

28 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

So long, CJ.

Former Bengals TE C.J. Uzomah intends to sign a three-year, $24 million deal with the New York Jets, per sources.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1503505574658461696?s=21

I guess it’s pro sports so nothing should surprise me.  But this dude was all in on this team.  And we’ve got super bowl possibilities again.  The fucking Jets?  

32 minutes ago, COB said:

Ogunjobi signs with the Bears.  Got a prove it deal from us and straight up fucking proved it. Much respect for that dude.   

Yeah a ridiculous deal, suppose injury isn't a factor, but he's a good one and that sucks.  Reader and Hill are nice to have though, just need q-depth.

FA TEs who could step in (in terms of production - leadership still a net loss - for CJ) - Gerald Everett and OJ Howard. Color me intrigued about Howard, who I still think has untapped potential 

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Just read Gronk to the Bengals 1year, 9.5 million....has Scheffter tagged trying to find collaboration, right now looking like fake news

that was a fake account. 

That’s what I figured when Brady made his announcement. Gronk probably off the market.  Would love to see TB miss the playoffs and watch Brady clamor for attention as he takes 6 weeks all the way to mid Feb to decide if he wants to play anymore.  Do another Man in the Arena series.  Just attention whore himself completely out.  Again.