2022 General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

Garafolo:

The #Bills are releasing OT Daryl Williams, source says. He started every game for Buffalo over the last two seasons. He was slated to make $8.125 million this season. However, don’t rule out a possible return down the line. The sides will remain in touch.

Gimme

OC Brian Allen (second choice: Ted Karras)

ORG Connor Williams (second choice: Austin Corbett) (third choice: James Daniels)

ORT La'el (related to Kal El?) Collins (second choice: Moses Morgan) (third choice: Daryl Williams)

Shift Carman's focus to OLG, but expect him to back up both OG spots

Shift DAnte's focus to OLT, but expect him to back up both OT spots

If we get La'el, we'd need to sign a solid backup ORT due to availability risk.  No, Prince ain't it.  Reiff would do.

Would love to somehow keep Hopkins.   Somehow.   Cant see how we'd do it tho if we sign a new starter at OC.  He'd need to accept backup money and role, and I doubt he would.

Spain, I love you dude, and I thank you for what you did for us, but we have to upgrade and fit in youth.  I will always be a #SpainGang fan.

I leave it to the staff to figure out what to do with Adeniji.  I wouldnt mind him as a backup at all spots except OC.

Draft a day 3 Center to compete with Hill, with the loser going to the PS

Fred departs (and will imo likely start elsewhere)

Prince departs or goes to PS

XSF departs or goes to PS

Sutherland departs or goes to PS

If I can only have two outside FA signings, gimme the ORT and the ORG, and we keep Hopkins as our starting OC

One additional consideration: James Daniels can play ORG or OC.  Same with Hopkins.  If we get Daniels we can let Pollack decide what the best arrangement is for Hopkins + Daniels

34 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Garafolo:

The #Bills are releasing OT Daryl Williams, source says. He started every game for Buffalo over the last two seasons. He was slated to make $8.125 million this season. However, don’t rule out a possible return down the line. The sides will remain in touch.

Yes please.   Not a long term solution but has been an All-Pro level player at RT.    Buffalo has cap issues to work around,  he had to cover at guard last year because of injuries or something.  

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Yes please.   Not a long term solution but has been an All-Pro level player at RT.    Buffalo has cap issues to work around,  he had to cover at guard last year because of injuries or something.  

Not even 30 has positional versatility at RG and RT (basically split time this season) and could be had from in the 3 year 25 million range.  Absolutely a fan

37 minutes ago, membengal said:

Congrats, TJ - the bengals somewhat unexpectedly tendered Fred Johnson. He can still be signed elsewhere, but they have indicated that they want him around a bit longer perhaps. 

thats so damn weird

he was almost assuredly in the doghouse this past season

this kinda sorta throws a wrench into things, since Ive been taking it as assumed all along that he'd be gone........but from my point of view, he COULD serve as the backup ORT we'd need if we get La'el Collins.....he's had solid games there, plus he offers high availability to offset the availability risk with Lael

I'd take a one year on-the-cheap prove-it deal (like Eli Apple) with this DE just released by Green Bay:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/zadarius-smith/9555

low PFF score for 2021 - my understanding is he was injured most of the year - but look what he did the prior two years.....both pro bowl seasons

probably worth a low dollar prove-it contract while Ossai is groomed and worked into the rotation

a visit and workout with our DL coach would absolutely be necessary to determine if he is now fully healthy and good to go

I'd be running to the phone to talk to his agent right now

Although it sucks to lose Larry.   It was rumored or hinted at the Bengals had $$ for him ear marked.   (not sure they had Chicago $$ earmarked).    The Bengals probably move on to some other player that they value in the Larry O. range.  We'll see.

3T pass rush is a concern.   Would love to get Geno back on a prove it deal.