2022 General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

Hey it works for me!

update from Schefty:

Sources: Jets and Dolphins both now have trades in place for the soon-to-be former Chiefs’ WR Tyreek Hill. The question now becomes where Hill wants to become the highest-paid WR in NFL history. Once he decides, the trade is expected to happen; for now, Hill is said to be “torn.”

Miami or New York ??  As soon to be the highest paid WR in the game ??

Any money person should tell you to go to Miami and i'm not even a money person (outside of liking it)...
One of the highest state taxes in the country compared to NO state taxes.

Cold and shitty winter weather or as close to the tropics as possible ??

Is this really a question ??

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Who exactly are the Chiefs throwing the ball to in 2022 ??
Smith-Schuster, Hardman, Josh Gordon and one Corey Coleman.
A head case, speedster, drugs and a bust...

Good plan Chiefs !!

Salary Cap is not a myth.   The Chiefs had some big cap hits to deal with this year and next.     Next year LT and LG without any cuts/restructure will cost more than a franchise QB.

How long their window stays open will depend on how well they back fill via the draft.   You didn't know what would happen but you could tell they were going to have to manage some cap issues.

I think I read they have 8 top 135 draft picks this year so they could restock.

55 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Miami or New York ??  As soon to be the highest paid WR in the game ??

Any money person should tell you to go to Miami and i'm not even a money person (outside of liking it)...
One of the highest state taxes in the country compared to NO state taxes.

Cold and shitty winter weather or as close to the tropics as possible ??

Is this really a question ??

I believe Hill already owns a house in Florida so he’s probably already claiming residency there

Yah, weather is better, but potential for ancillary $$$$ is probably bigger in NY

Chiefs got a haul:

The Kansas City Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl wide receiver Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 first-round pick (No. 29), second-round pick (No. 50) and fourth-round pick, plus fourth- and sixth-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

I’m not sure if it was us or the Rams. Case in point: after today’s Hill deal, one-quarter of the NFL doesn’t have a first round pick next month. Of those eight, three don’t have a second rounder either. There’s always been an argument that proven vets are more valuable than unproven draft picks so you should trade the latter for the former when feasible. The counter has always been that that strategy is too expensive, but as long as a team has cash on hand, a willingness to do simple restructures, and the cap keeps going up at a $10 million-plus a year clip, apparently some clubs have decided it’s manageable. 

27 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Is it wrong that I have no idea who the hell Steven Nelson is ??

I looked him up and apparently he's a CB, but can honestly say I've never heard of this dude.

I was thinking the same thing.