2022 General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

Im looking at a return guy because our return game was not good last year

KR was better when Brandon was in there, but he keeps getting hurt

PR was not good at all, especially in the 49ers game........I was calling for them to just not touch the punt ever in that game.  Go watch the film if you doubt me.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but who knows?  He's smaller.  If that dude was 2 inches taller, he'd be a first rounder.
Not much outlook for a 5'8 - 5'9 CB, but this dude is scrappy and you aren't really drafting him to be a starting CB.
You are drafting him for his elite kick and punt return skills. BOTH.

I just can't help but think about what adding guys like him and Araiza to the team would do for the Bengals.
I think they have done enough on the o-line to warrant taking a shot at what they could bring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

Im looking at a return guy because our return game was not good last year

KR was better when Brandon was in there, but he keeps getting hurt

PR was not good at all, especially in the 49ers game........I was calling for them to just not touch the punt ever in that game.  Go watch the film if you doubt me.

That’s kind of what I mean. I’m not worried much about return yardage. Just give me someone that won’t turn the ball over.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s not that the bridge is burned but ZT pointed out around a month ago how awkward it would be to have signed Hill to that deal and larryO to come in closer to minimum and backing up when O had atarted last year and had such a large contract signed. He said O would always be a Bengal so if don’t see any hard feelings - just an acknowledgment of the weirdness of the situation. 

How bad can that foot injury be, really?  I think the Bears has second thoughts and used the physical as a pretext.  That is their right, but it seems like no one is worried in the least bit about Larry failing another physical.  It’s like everyone is tacitly acknowledging the failed physical was bullshit.