2022 General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

See how it works out but I’d rather see our division suck ass vs adding Watson.   

If your a fan of the Steelers you’d have to be worried about the bumbling Browns fixing QB position so quick vs their plan. 

Watson is a high level player so he makes Browns dangerous. 

3 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Hopkins was not the problem :-(

I get that he would be a backup and was being paid starter money, but still

I would have liked to see Hopkins with Capps and Karris on both sides of him.  He would have had a career year, not having to help both guard positions.

Hopkins probably gets a chance to start somewhere or gets more than the bengals were wanting to pay for a backup center and possible average guard of whom they know the ceiling.  He’s not going all-pro from here on out.  The must feel great about Carman and Hakeem.  I wonder if they add a top 150 lineman for the offense in the draft or if they continue into FA.  Would shock me if they use both.  I think they turn to FA for other positions now.   

51 minutes ago, GapControl said:

Hopkins probably gets a chance to start somewhere or gets more than the bengals were wanting to pay for a backup center and possible average guard of whom they know the ceiling.  He’s not going all-pro from here on out.  The must feel great about Carman and Hakeem.  I wonder if they add a top 150 lineman for the offense in the draft or if they continue into FA.  Would shock me if they use both.  I think they turn to FA for other positions now.   

They almost have to do something significant in FA at RT.   And they need future starters.   So yeah, they should do both.  

1 hour ago, COB said:

Talk about going all in.  The Browns need to win the division at least once in the next couple years.  If they don’t, and you can’t draft a first rounder three years in a row - well, that’s Cleveland!

Who the helll wants Baker Mayfield btw? I haven't seen anything yet, but where would he even start? 

11 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:What an odd situation.  He pissed-off somebody.

He did the same thing in college.  Got twisted out of shape if he didn’t get the treatment he wanted and bailed.  It worked for him back then.  

Watson basically benefited from his whole sexual assault drama.  Houston is being run by that team chaplain from NE, doesn’t know shit about football.  The Browns are in a serious window.  Got huge guaranteed money.  The whole thing resulted in a huge upgrade for Watson.  

side note - pretty clear, with that magician Watson has for an agent also representing Jessie Bates, we’re not getting Bates long term.  

I roamed a Browns board a bit last night, and they generally don't seem to be amused. There are always the token "why should we believe 22 different women???" people, but the majority are dismayed. Their responses kind of earned a little of my respect, frankly.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I roamed a Browns board a bit last night, and they generally don't seem to be amused. There are always the token "why should we believe 22 different women???" people, but the majority are dismayed. Their responses kind of earned a little of my respect, frankly.

Well his contract is structured in such a way that it’s obvious he expects to be suspended for some or all of next season, so if I were a Browns fan I’d be pissed at paying $45 million/ year for a serial harasser who can’t play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, COB said:

side note - pretty clear, with that magician Watson has for an agent also representing Jessie Bates, we’re not getting Bates long term.  

Watson’s agent did nothing. Nada, zip, zero. This was an unconditional surrender by the Browns FO. Again, Watson is almost certain to be suspended for some or all of the 2022 season.  But when that happens all he stands to miss out on is $1 million in salary. No team would do anything like that if they had any other choice. Cleveland didn’t. They destroyed their relationship with Baker and so just fell at Watson’s feet and offered him anything he wanted, just save them!

1 hour ago, COB said:

Watson basically benefited from his whole sexual assault drama.  Houston is being run by that team chaplain from NE, doesn’t know shit about football.  The Browns are in a serious window.  Got huge guaranteed money.  The whole thing resulted in a huge upgrade for Watson.  

I don’t see a window for the Browns past the next two seasons.  Even the next two seasons will need some luck to make them contenders 

I believe the Browns front office is hoping to get brisk uniform sales from this move, they don’t have a good WR group, RB’s both have a lot of wear on the treads, they have been shedding good D players for three years and now they have no chance of upgrading in the draft or any money to sign FA replacements for years to come

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

there appear to be a LOT of browns fans walking away. We will have some new Bengals fans from this. One of the largest browns fan sites is archiving everything and shutting down. 

49 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

, they don’t have a good WR group, RB’s both have a lot of wear on the treads, they have been shedding good D players for three years and now they have no chance of upgrading in the draft or any money to sign FA replacements for years to come

Love it.  They had all those high draft picks, year after year.  Couldn’t do anything with them.  Baker shows up, competitor, turns them from doormat to winner.  He has one bad, injured, year, they dump him.  All they know how to do is perpetually rebuild.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, COB said:

Love it.  They had all those high draft picks, year after year.  Couldn’t do anything with them.  Baker shows up, competitor, turns them from doormat to winner.  He has one bad, injured, year, they dump him.  All they know how to do is perpetually rebuild.  

True.  Since their return they’ve had so many mega reboots it’s exhausting.   Super Head coaches, Super GMs, Super FAs on and on. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

there appear to be a LOT of browns fans walking away. We will have some new Bengals fans from this. One of the largest browns fan sites is archiving everything and shutting down. 

Hopefully but there is already talk of Browns being favorite for AFC North.   

I don’t know what it is but media simply down plays the Bengals. 

26 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Don’t see it, that team is not as good as it was two seasons ago, without some major upgrades 

37 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Browns fans walking away in disgust over them getting watson because he's a fucking awful human being and the browns being favored or not being favored are two different things.