2022 General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

I repeat: due to availability risks, if we go with Collins as our ORT - and I am in favor of this  - a solid backup ORT must also be signed

That solid backup is (except Reiff) not a player that was on the 2021 roster

But I doubt Reiff will sign for backup money/role

Nonetheless, I am very glad La'el (a cousin of Kal'el?) is in town for discussions

If he signs for at least 3 years, I would then be ok with using pick 31 on a position other than ORT - preferrably passrushing 3TDT or man/press corner - but I'd still want the r2 pick used on an ORT who should be fully groomed and ready to start three years from now

related aside: reports have Cappa in town.  Why hasn't he inked his contract?

I would be good with drafting a RT specific to learn and backup Collins if they sign him.
I think the Rookies, along with the others still on the roster, we will be good.

I could be wrong, and they still may sign another guy on top of this, but I don't think that was their plan.
They won't be giving up on that many o-linemen to add more and more.
At least they haven't given that impression to this point.

Because he is just now in town, TJ. He came in last night for dinner, the plan was to have him sign today. Karras was in a little quicker yesterday so that's why he got done yesterday. 

Not feeling good about this at this point. Hope I am wrong.

Jeremy Rauch
@FOX19Jeremy
·
8m
Small update on La’el Collins. Nothing done yet. 

Now being told “a lot of teams” in the mix.

Feels like a leverage play. We’ll see. 

I’m not getting the impression that they are going after him all that hard. I mean, if they thought he was their RT Of The Future, then they should have (and probably would have) tossed a third rounder at the Pokes and been done with it. As is, they are clearly interested, but not “follow Odom to the airport and keep throwing money at him until he says yes” interested.

Hard to say, but that doesn't sound good.
For what it's worth, no team was throwing any draft pick at the Cowboys by all appearances.
The concerns which have been identified will be concerns for all teams.

I want it done, but if they feel it's too much of a risk for what he wants in salary, I won't blame them.
Just get Daryl Williams on a plane.  Hell, maybe do that while Collins is still there.
This isn't asking him to join the Browns.  He has a legit shot at a Super Bowl with a truly elite QB.

Commit or fuck off !!
Moving on...

• Like 1

"a lot of teams".     Just like the number of teams going to trade for him? 

Free Agent money drys up fast.   I doubt there is a major deal for this guy.   Teams could have avoided major deals with up front money by just doing a trade and no team saw the value in that. 

The rumor with Collins is they tried to trade him twice.   Obviously no team bit.   

The bengals need is driving this fish story that some how lucky Bengals just some found an All-Pro at a big need.     Reality is he's been a decent player but that's a couple seasons ago.

39 minutes ago, membengal said:

It was also last year. When he played he was top 10 . Easily. At RT.

Eh,  no team is willing to trade for a top 10 player?   Twice?  PFF isn’t gospel.

Never been pro bowl or all pro.

This is the same crap Bengals fans ran with Andre Smith when some stat service threw out “top five RT”

Now he could be an upgrade to Prince.  Maybe RR.  Effort and love for football seems to be a concern. 

At one time Cordy Glenn was rated above Whitworth by those services.