2022 General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

17 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Can you elaborate?  I've missed this item

The cowboys put out a Twitter that said we’ve agreed to terms with Defensive end Randy Gregory.  Had his picture in their uniform.  Then some other team, the broncos, snatched him away.  

4 hours ago, COB said:

The cowboys put out a Twitter that said we’ve agreed to terms with Defensive end Randy Gregory.  Had his picture in their uniform.  Then some other team, the broncos, snatched him away.  

It fell apart because of a clause the cowboys wanted to put in the contract. It didn’t fall alert because he was snatched away.

6 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Not at all.  The Rams had already signed Goff to a 4 year 134 Million dollar deal.
They traded for Stafford who had signed a deal with the Lions for 5 years and 135 million.

Stafford's deal had an average salary of 27 million, where Goff's was 33.5 million.
While Stafford is an UFA after the 2022 season, the Lions have an out after 2022 and take a 10 million dollar hit, while saving over 60 million.

Granted, the Rams gave up picks, but it's not on the same level as what the Browns would be looking at to acquire Watson.
The Rams had already accounted for a top end contract at that point in time.

They would still net good value for Baker, the Colts will pay well for a rental QB of above average quality.  Possibly getting back some of those picks

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I still want a veteran RT in either Collins or Williams, unless I missed them signing elsewhere.

CB, TE and a 3 Tech are close to must haves and maybe even 2 CB's considering that group.
I would still put WR right after that as well.  No need to pay more for Veterans to simply fill out the back end of the roster when rookies will do.
I see #31 now being Best Player Available where I previously had an o-lineman penciled in.  The options look to be interesting.

I just want one more starter at any of those positions and I’m good with FA

The draft can fulfill the rest 

On 3/14/2022 at 11:15 AM, membengal said:

Congrats, TJ - the bengals somewhat unexpectedly tendered Fred Johnson. He can still be signed elsewhere, but they have indicated that they want him around a bit longer perhaps. 

Fred is a giant in the mold of Andrew Whitworth.  Lotta size and some potential.

I wouldn't mind Hooper and agree with the Cleveland offense not utilizing him well.
In his last two seasons in ATL, he was a pro bowl TE, then he went to Cleveland.
He had about the same # of receptions in both seasons there that he had his last in ATL.

23 career TD's to CJ's 13 and in 1 less season in the league.
Wonder what the going price would be ?? 
He was due 9.5 million in Cleveland for 2022 after they gave him a 4 yrs and 42 million.

He's also only 27...

Yeah his price is the big ????.    He signed a top market deal with Cleveland and thus those fans thought they were getting Kelce, Kittle.    He's a 2nd tier behind those guys.   But he's a complete TE.     He cut into Njoku's numbers and vice versa.   Just bad planning by Cleveland. 

2 hours ago, TJJackson said:

No better than what we have already

44 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

Got the LS signed back up.  Hope he has another 5 years in him.  It has been a blessing to have such a consistent LS for so many years. 

If we had a consistent LS in 2006, I wouldn't have frozen my nuts off in Denver for nothing that year.

The fire has leaped from the dumpster, consumed the Olive Garden and is now spreading toward the Cuyahoga…

The #Browns and QB Baker Mayfield are "Breaking up" regardless if Deshaun Watson lands in Cleveland, according to @mortreport Adds that the Browns want "An adult" at the position.

Mort also added that he wouldn't overlook Jimmy Garoppolo ending up with the #Browns, if the Watson situation doesn't work out. The #Browns actually wanted to trade for Garoppolo back in 2017 but Belichick decided against it. Ended trading him to 49ers.

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1504179311552651265?s=21

Wait, wait, wait a minute....

The Browns didn't know they were drafting an immature child when they selected Mayfield ??
Did the same homeless guy who told them to take Johnny Fuckface conduct the background investigation ??
Did no one from the Browns organization EVER watch an Oklahoma football game ??

My son could have told them they weren't dealing with an adult.
Stupid Browns...

• Like 1