AFC Championship Weekend: Bengals @ Chiefs

HoosierCat

The pass protection will be better next week, even if only by statistical probability. Beyond regression (progression) to the mean though, Kansas City simply doesn't have the personnel to do what Tennessee did. Buffalo might not either; their defense is fantastic but primarily on the back end to my knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Kansas City simply doesn't have the personnel to do what Tennessee did. Buffalo might not either; their defense is fantastic but primarily on the back end to my knowledge.

Agreed.  Question - who do you want in the Buffalo -KC game?

I’m hoping for KC.  We at least know about where they’ll be.  With Buffalo you just don’t know.  They could choke and we could roll them.  Then again, if their offense gets hot they could destroy anyone.  KC is predictable.  Buffalo has a lower floor and a higher ceiling.  

I said a few times in past threads that I don't think this team is a year ahead. "I picked 10-7" I boasted, like I am Bengalstrodamus and all should bow to my forecasting might.

Uh.

I never thought in a million years this team would be in the AFC Championship Game. They're a year ahead. Maybe two years ahead. I dunno. It's good.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, COB said:

Agreed.  Question - who do you want in the Buffalo -KC game?

I’m hoping for KC.  We at least know about where they’ll be.  With Buffalo you just don’t know.  They could choke and we could roll them.  Then again, if their offense gets hot they could destroy anyone.  KC is predictable.  Buffalo has a lower floor and a higher ceiling.  

I think Buffalo wins But I would rather play KC.

We know we can score on them AND the weather in Buffalo can get so bad making it impossible to throw.   

• Like 1

I honestly don't know if there is a right answer about who to root for in tonight's game.
Mahomes at KC or Allen at Buffalo.  Like asking would you rather swallow nails or thumbtacks.
I'm also not sure that even matters to this team. 
Make a good plan for whoever the team is and fucking execute that and the team you're facing.

Lets do a stat check... (Gave Bengals for perspective)
DEFENSE:
Chiefs  6300 total yards given up.  Bills total given up a shade over 4600. (BENGALS- 5964)
Chiefs 4300 receiving yards given.  Bills only gave up just shy of 2800. (BENGALS- 4222)
Chiefs 2000 rushing yards given.  Bills only gave up just shy of 1900. (BENGALS- 1742)
Chiefs total points given up 364.  Bills gave up a league least 289. (BENGALS- 376)

OFFENSE:
Chiefs over 6700 total yards produced.  Bills total produced just shy of 6500. (BENGALS- 6145)
Chiefs just shy of 4800 passing yards.  Bills just shy of 4300. (BENGALS- 4403)
Chiefs under 2000 rushing yards.  Bills just over 2200. (BENGALS- 1742)
Chiefs total points 480.  Bills total 483. (BENGALS- 460)

Chiefs were 7-2 at home and the Bills were 6-3 at home.

When looking at it from a stat standpoint, I would say we want the Chiefs in Arrowhead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

I honestly don't know if there is a right answer about who to root for in tonight's game.
Mahomes at KC or Allen at Buffalo.  Like asking would you rather swallow nails or thumbtacks.
I'm also not sure that even matters to this team. 
Make a good plan for whoever the team is and fucking execute that and the team you're facing.

Lets do a stat check... (Gave Bengals for perspective)
DEFENSE:
Chiefs  6300 total yards given up.  Bills total given up a shade over 4600. (BENGALS- 5964)
Chiefs 4300 receiving yards given.  Bills only gave up just shy of 2800. (BENGALS- 4222)
Chiefs 2000 rushing yards given.  Bills only gave up just shy of 1900. (BENGALS- 1742)
Chiefs total points given up 364.  Bills gave up a league least 289. (BENGALS- 376)

OFFENSE:
Chiefs over 6700 total yards produced.  Bills total produced just shy of 6500. (BENGALS- 6145)
Chiefs just shy of 4800 passing yards.  Bills just shy of 4300. (BENGALS- 4403)
Chiefs under 2000 rushing yards.  Bills just over 2200. (BENGALS- 1742)
Chiefs total points 480.  Bills total 483. (BENGALS- 460)

Chiefs were 7-2 at home and the Bills were 6-3 at home.

When looking at it from a stat standpoint, I would say we want the Chiefs in Arrowhead.

Weather may be another factor.  Supposed to be 26 degress in Buffalo next Sunday, 46 in KC (no snow/rain it looks like at least).  Huge difference.

So yeah, I guess give me the KC matchup again,  they will be pumped to exact revenge and go to the SB, but I just like the matchup better in terms of odds on paper.

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

49ers @ Rams for the NFC Championship Game.

If the Bengals get through the AFC, I would prefer the 49ers over the Rams as an opponent pretty easily. I don't like the Aaron Donald/Von Miller matchup.

I don't like the Aaron Donald / Adeniji matchup.....good God.