AFC Championship Weekend: Bengals @ Chiefs

HoosierCat

I recall many write ups and discussions saying how the AFC runs through Tennessee and not simply because they were the #1 seed.
Rather, that they had all of their key pieces coming back healthy and that when all together presented the strongest team in the AFC.
I always found that narrative amusing simply because I thought Tannehill was the 4th best QB of those remaining.
Not only that, those "key pieces" haven't played in a game in a while.  They weren't coming back in mid-season form.

The Bengals came into the playoffs hot and have played well.  They have proven they aren't a fluke.
When I look at the teams remaining (Chiefs, Rams or 49er's) I see 3 other teams the Bengals can in fact beat.
Does that mean it will happen ??  Of course not, but the fact of the matter is they have just as much of a chance as the others to win it all.

"Why not us?" to "IT IS US !!"
Yeah, I like that...

Yes and no TJ.

Yes it would be great to beat the 49er's in a Super Bowl.
No, because if they lost, I might just completely freak the fuck out.

FUCKING AGAIN ?!?!  ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG !!!  HULK SMASH.  POLICE SHOW UP.  HOUSE ON FIRE.  ARMYBENGAL DIES IN GUNFIRE.

I don't know, but i'd like to avoid that scenario completely.

the way I see it, Army, is that if the Niners were to win, the narrative doesnt change at all

the narrative since 1988 is that the Niners own the Bengals in the Big Game 

2 games or 3 games, doesnt matter, all the same 

On the other hand, with a win......the narrative changes, the demon is exorcised, and sweet sweet vengeance is exacted

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I recall many write ups and discussions saying how the AFC runs through Tennessee and not simply because they were the #1 seed.
Rather, that they had all of their key pieces coming back healthy and that when all together presented the strongest team in the AFC.
I always found that narrative amusing simply because I thought Tannehill was the 4th best QB of those remaining.
Not only that, those "key pieces" haven't played in a game in a while.  They weren't coming back in mid-season form.

All true. In fact we should be thanking Vrabel for putting Henry back in multiple times in their last couple drives after Foreman just destroyed our D every time he touched the ball, while Henry kept getting stuffed. And of course for letting Tannehill throw, which you should clearly never do in a playoff game!

So long Doug Costin, we hardly knew ye. Really, he was here for like a couple beers and a dog. And hello to Guy We Just Played 2 Weeks Ago. From da site:

The Bengals made the following roster moves:

Signed DT Damion Square to the practice squad. Square (6-2, 293), an eighth-year player out of Alabama, originally was a college free agent signee of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2013. He has spent time with the Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers, Browns, Saints, Bears and Raiders, and has played in 100 career games, with 120 tackles, seven sacks, nine PDs and two FRs. He spent 2021 with Las Vegas, and had three tackles (one for a loss) for the Raiders in their Jan. 15 Wild Card Playoff matchup against the Bengals.

Released DT Doug Costin from the practice squad. Costin, a second-year player out of Miami (Ohio) University, had joined the Bengals on Jan. 18.