Divisional Weekend: Bengals @ Oilers

HoosierCat

Common themes from Titans boards

1. Strength of Schedule - Bengals not very good.  SOS conversation in the NFL is pointless.  Its a closed loop system.   It matters more when and where you play a team and common opponents.    Other team gets paid too and they all pick from the same pool of players.   This isn't college football where a team can have on their schedule teams that are built on inferior talent due to the location of the school and maybe the population of the area.

2. DL injuries - No way the Bengals are stopping the King (I assume this is their nick name for Henry)

3. Bengals defense isn't that good.

4. Bengals need ref help to beat KC and Raiders.  (Hmmmmm a lot of that floating around). 

5. Last year's game don't matter.  (I tend to agree, but I don't think its completely baseless.)   Burrow/Higgins made a whole lot of plays at time the Offensive line had a bunch of turn over.   Did they add any secondary help? 

I am pretty sure we will be prepared in either direction. Helps that we just saw them and Henry last year. Regardless, they can move the ball whether he plays or not. Bengals should just go ahead and score 40.

3 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I think he's going to play. I'm not sure he should for his own sake, but he probably has some measure of control over reporting his own non-symptoms all week. Just has to get through the neurologist.

Whatever happens I appreciate his effort.

Doesn't matter what he wants. Better news is that the neurologist has let him onto the field for at least warm-ups. That's  a great sign. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

OH MY

THIS is what makes me happy to hear coming out of his mouth.  It's EXACTLY what I have been saying through the season.
As the season progressed and they were stringing wins together, they changed the expectation in my estimation.

4-13 wasn't going to be acceptable
8-9 wasn't going to be acceptable
Making the playoff wasn't going to enough
Winning a playoff game isn't enough
Beating the Raiders is NOT the icing on the cake

This is the new standard.  WINNING.  The expectation has been changed.
I LOVE JOE BURROW !!!  He's a fucking leader.

The team needs to make sure they add people with that mindset moving forward.
Being average is no longer acceptable here.  WE EXPECT TO WIN !!

Just now, ArmyBengal said:

Anyone see the report yesterday that Bates texted Geno Atkins to see if he would be interested in joining the Bengals ??
He said he never heard back from Geno.  Shame, I would like that.

Yeah, and that's been generally shut down by the folks in the Twittersphere. It'd be a fun story, though I don't figure it'll happen.

17 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Anyone see the report yesterday that Bates texted Geno Atkins to see if he would be interested in joining the Bengals ??
He said he never heard back from Geno.  Shame, I would like that.

Geno is literally not in shape. He took to insta after the Bates stuff with a pick of him and his child. He's enjoying retirement. 

13 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Ive been kinda puzzled thats theres been no notification - that I know of - of tryouts for free agent DTs

I mean, they dont have to bring in Geno for a looksee but they do need to bring in a couple of warm (300lb+) bodies at least

They've got someone on the field that hasn't been ID'd yet. #62.