Divisional Weekend: Bengals @ Oilers

HoosierCat

Burrow took an all-time beating - didn’t let it phase him - didn’t make a series of crucial mistakes - and then delivered a motherfucking dime to chase to put us in Shooter’s range. 

my god.

And how about the d? Burrow didn’t have his best game and o really struggled but my gawd did the d pick them up. Reader was a monster, the linebackers were on fire, 3 picks, a critical goal line stand on the two point try, stops on fourth down. Hats off to Lou tonight, his boys brought it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Earendil said:

The Titans D-line is good, but I hardly think they are the best one the Bengals have faced this year. 

EDIT: If you mean against the run, I might be inclined to agree with you.

Well, this post aged like milk. I'm glad it didn't matter though.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

And how about the d? Burrow didn’t have his best game and o really struggled but my gawd did the d pick them up. Reader was a monster, the linebackers were on fire, 3 picks, a critical goal line stand on the two point try, stops on fourth down. Hats off to Lou tonight, his boys brought it.

Absolutely beautiful defensive game. The gave up one TD on a short field to a ridiculous one-handed catch. They dominated Tennessee and made Tannehill look very stupid.

24 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

100%. Playoff football at its best. We just don’t remember as a fanbase because it has been so long. That was a classic ravens or Steelers style playoff win.

36 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

100% this! While I hate to make the comparison, our D played like many of the Steeler's Ds that kept them in games while their offense struggled. I don't feel like our D has been getting enough credit for either playoff win. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

100%. Playoff football at its best. We just don’t remember as a fanbase because it has been so long. That was a classic ravens or Steelers style playoff win.

The funniest part is that you had friggin Cowher on the pregame show talking about how the Tits were a physical team versus a “finesse” Bengals squad…hey Bill how has that take aged?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoosierCat said:

The funniest part is that you had friggin Cowher on the pregame show talking about how the Tits were a physical team versus a “finesse” Bengals squad…hey Bill how has that take aged?

Exactly! I heard that like "What?!???"