Divisional Weekend: Bengals @ Oilers

HoosierCat

“It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.”

We’re hearing stats, matchups, and trends. What can’t be overlooked is your eyes. And not only that, what have you seen lately? 

The last 5 games. What do you see? Who has the best QB? What do your eyes see? 

It’s really not that complicated. They just make it that way. The Bengals could lose. But so could the Titans. In a 50/50 flip, what do you want on your team? The better RB? Or the better QB?

No disrespect to the Titans. All I’m hearing is nervous, scared excuses as to why the Bengals can’t win. They’re scared. Everyone is scared (not us). Because paradigms are changing. And that shit is hard.

But, we don’t care. Who Dey. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

“It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.”

We’re hearing stats, matchups, and trends. What can’t be overlooked is your eyes. And not only that, what have you seen lately? 

The last 5 games. What do you see? Who has the best QB? What do your eyes see? 

It’s really not that complicated. They just make it that way. The Bengals could lose. But so could the Titans. In a 50/50 flip, what do you want on your team? The better RB? Or the better QB?

No disrespect to the Titans. All I’m hearing is nervous, scared excuses as to why the Bengals can’t win. They’re scared. Everyone is scared (not us). Because paradigms are changing. And that shit is hard.

But, we don’t care. Who Dey. 

That’s where I’m at. Yeah they could lose. Winning on the road is hard and winning on the road in the playoffs…well..Bengals are 0-7 lifetime. But I would not bet against this team this year. In the words of a certain tight end…LET’S GOOOOO!!!

20 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Also, of all the nicknames for Burrow, can someone tell me how “Big Dick Joe” is something you wear on a shirt around town ??

If he wins a Super Bowl, the name of the next stadium will be Big Dick Joe Field. And there will be a giant phallus statue with his head on top of it outside.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

The hottest, best QB usually wins in the postseason.

Joe Burrow is the hottest, best QB in the league since week 16.

I'm picking the Bengals every week.

Just not sure if it's an improving/improved team or QB/WR's,  or just a streak of luck and smart decisions.  The o-line was oddly good last week in PP, way off their usual mark (higher).  Now they go against the best d-line they've faced, and already can't run the ball.  Bengals' have to limit their running game and find one - not sure Burrow will have much time to light them up again (more like last week).

10 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Just not sure if it's an improving/improved team or QB/WR's,  or just a streak of luck and smart decisions.  The o-line was oddly good last week in PP, way off their usual mark (higher).  Now they go against the best d-line they've faced, and already can't run the ball.  Bengals' have to limit their running game and find one - not sure Burrow will have much time to light them up again (more like last week).

• Like 1

Well, I gladly followed the virtual parade after the playoff win following the horses scooping it all up!

I never thought I'd be that excited and pumped to shovel horse crap, but I'm true to my word.

Let's talk milestones.

They took care of #1 and #2 at the same time in the Chiefs game, securing a spot in the playoffs and winning the division.

The took care of #3 overcoming the 31 year drought with a playoff win!

The #4 challenge comes today, overcoming a 54 year franchise drought without a road game playoff victory.

With the OL and DL banged up, and with the return of Henry I think if they can hit on all cylinders with the lineup they have, protect the ball, keep penalties to a minimum, they can outscore them like they did the Chiefs.

IF that happens then #5 comes at them overcoming a 33 year drought since an AFC championship!

At this point, I agree with Munoz.

Munoz says IF they play on point, with good tackling, no stupid penalties, and ball protection, they can beat anybody!

We'll see how it all plays out this afternoon.

One game at a time.

The anatomy of creating a narrative:

Decide what you want to see happen. Cherry pick evidence that supports that. Ignore evidence that contradicts chosen narrative. 

The media has talked about Larry O a total of zero times this year until now. And now it’s all they talk about. You’d think if he was such a game deciding difference maker then he would’ve gotten incredible press all year.

• Like 2