Divisional Weekend: Bengals @ Oilers

HoosierCat

When I go to games and there are other fans around, I typically speak with them.
Might be a crazy thought, but I like to call the approach "Being friendly".
Granted, not everyone is fazed by this new fangled approach to things, but that's why I don't go to Steelers, Ravens, or Browns games.
From my bit of research done, that group of people is immune to and greatly confused by intelligent conversation.
Sort of like a, "Don't feed the animals" approach with them.  Hope this helps.

I have been to multiple Browns and Ravens games in their old and new stadiums.   Same story.   Mad fans that don't like visiting fans.  Rude and nasty.    

My experience in Pittsburgh was quite the opposite.   The best place is Green Bay.  Indy is nice.  Pittsburgh was in that class.   Surprisingly. Tons of football conversation and they knew a lot about the Bengal history.  I would call it AFC Central brethen vibe. You can tell a Steeler fan is from Pittsburgh because they can talk smack without threatening you first.  Its very settle. 

My theory is the Steeler fans that travel to PBS are majority from inside the Bengals TV market and thus for some strange reason have a chip on their shoulder about the Bengals franchise.  They are from Dayton, Columbus, Cincinnati, Lexington, Louisville and because of THEIR choice they view it as having to deal with Bengal fans (how weird).   They bring that negative energy into PBS with them and the whole time  are trying to prove their choice was right.   Weird dynamic as they try to live their 3 rivers fantasy.   I also think its way out of line bringing terrible towels into visiting stadiums.  That's just asking for trouble and then are surprised when trouble shows up. 

Most of the time traveling Bengal fans are exclusively from Cincinnati.  For the most part and from what I have witnessed most of the time are respectful minus a few over served fans. 

• Like 1