Broncos Eye Callahan; Raiders Trey Brown: Giants Lou; Golden gets ND DC job

HoosierCat

Maybe so, but I just view things differently than in the past with guys like Gruden and Zimmer.

We haven't had this kind of talent on the roster for a while and they are together for a good amount of time to keep working.
The organization seems to be making solid decisions and it appears the culture created over the past few years has benefitted all involved.
The team has cap space to continue adding talent in free agency and extending those who are needed and deserving.

Those are things most of these teams in need of a coach cannot say regarding those organizations.

Again, if a coach just has it in his head to be the man and be "Head Coach", which I would understand, then more power to them.
However, if you are looking for more than that, Cincinnati would seem like a pretty solid option at this point.
I think that continuity is what is going to push this team to a title sooner rather than later.

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking, but I believe that.

57 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Sounds like the Broncos have narrowed their search for a new head coach down to three candidates and Callahan isn't one of them.
I'm still of the line of thought, that he would be crazy to leave what he has in Cincinnati for that cluster fuck of a team and situation.

well, in most cases a team that has fired a head coach is by definition a bit of a mess.....so someone who wants a shot at a head coaching gig generally has to step into a less than optimal situation

I dont know enough about the Broncos situation to speak to those specifics, but they do seem to have a good D. 

Sportrac says they are in the 6th best shape cap-wise, so there's that as well

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/

all that said, I'd agree that if I was him I'd want to stay for a Superbowl run with Burrow, but Im not him.......

2 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking, but I believe that.

A title isn't wishful thinking when you're already a game away from the Super Bowl.

(I know this is obvious and didn't need to be said, but I enjoy saying it and will continue saying it over and over.)

22 minutes ago, Stripes said:

A title isn't wishful thinking when you're already a game away from the Super Bowl.

(I know this is obvious and didn't need to be said, but I enjoy saying it and will continue saying it over and over.)

Preach brother !!!
You enjoy saying it, I enjoy hearing it.
This season has been amazing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

well, in most cases a team that has fired a head coach is by definition a bit of a mess.....so someone who wants a shot at a head coaching gig generally has to step into a less than optimal situation

I dont know enough about the Broncos situation to speak to those specifics, but they do seem to have a good D. 

Sportrac says they are in the 6th best shape cap-wise, so there's that as well

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/

all that said, I'd agree that if I was him I'd want to stay for a Superbowl run with Burrow, but Im not him.......

Oh, I get that as well TJ and why I threw that in at the end.
The other thing that would concern me as a coach is they are going to be selling the team.
Don't know who the owners are going to be or who/if there will be a GM.  That could be good, could be bad.

I'm a consistency type of guy and have turned down offers for positions because I didn't like the situation or want to leave the group I worked with.
I do understand that it happens though and even in this past year I left the VA Medical Center after 10 years for (hopefully) greener pastures.

What do I know about being a head coach in the NFL though ??  More power to all these guys and would wish them luck.

I thought I was too TJ.  I had some huge life changes and they were coupled with not liking the direction leadership was taking.
Those two things made me start considering a move, but it wasn't me searching, but rather the EPA that found me, which led to the change.
So I was able to stay in the government setting, but was offered a promotion, damn near full autonomy and 100% work from home.
Bottom-line was that the Environmental Protection Agency offered me a situation I simply would have been crazy to turn down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I thought I was too TJ.  I had some huge life changes and they were coupled with not liking the direction leadership was taking.
Those two things made me start considering a move, but it wasn't me searching, but rather the EPA that found me, which led to the change.
So I was able to stay in the government setting, but was offered a promotion, damn near full autonomy and 100% work from home.
Bottom-line was that the Environmental Protection Agency offered me a situation I simply would have been crazy to turn down.

My sister-in-law works for the EPA in Cincy.

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

The network fight has already begun and he hasn’t even officially announced yet lol.

Wait so Amazon, as in the Sunday night game broadcast on Prime? (I think it is)  

I don't watch sports media shows or news, so I'm clueless, is Amazon planning on exclusive games of the week? More?

17 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Wait so Amazon, as in the Sunday night game broadcast on Prime? (I think it is)  

I don't watch sports media shows or news, so I'm clueless, is Amazon planning on exclusive games of the week? More?

Amazon gets: Thursday night games starting this year through 2033.

NFL gets: (Dr Evil voice) $1 billion dollars (/Dr Evil voice) per year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/amazons-thursday-night-football-package-will-begin-in-2022-instead-of-2023.html