Most Impressive Moment of the Season

101Airborne

I was watching some clips from the regular season, taking a more detailed look at what Chase/Burrow/others are doing well and what needs improved and I got to wondering what everyone's been most impressed by in a single play from the regular season. It doesn't have to be the flashiest play or even one that scored any points, just an outstanding play that has stuck in your mind. 

For me, one of the plays that has really stuck out is the Mixon TD in the lions game. Chase sprints across the face of the line as MIxon catches the ball in the flats and becomes his lead blocker. Chase streaks down and takes the Lion's Will Harris right out of the play, shoving him to the ground. Watching a wide receiver cut across the whole field to blast a safety out of his shoes and spring his RB for a touchdown is some serious effort that I found to be impressive as hell. I expect receives to make circus catches and run amazing routes, I do not expect receivers to run their route, sprint across the whole damned field and demolish a safety with a solid block. That is more than just hustle, that is try-hard and I love it. 

The Burrow pocket scramble to his right and the thrown against his body to Chase at back of end zone against 49ers where Chase was one blade of grass from stepping out of back of end zone and where Burrow threw it to a spot that only chase could get to to pull them within 20-13. That was bonkers. 

23 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Isnt this the one where Mixon runs over Chase in the process?

He does bump into Chase, which would have led to him being tackled if Chase hadn't so thoroughly destroyed the safety that Mixon ended up leaping over him as he hit the ground. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icatd9mrA54

Chase vs. the Chiefs.

Down 14-0 Ja'Marr cuts off his route and sits in a hole, Burrow reads his mind and puts the ball on him the second he breaks off his route.  Ja'Marr puts on a move that makes the Chief defender give up football and join a Monestary and then out races the entire Chiefs defense.  Turning a nice 12 yard completion into a 72 yard TD.

Mind blowing. Nuts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It wasn’t just one play for me but a game in general. The Jags coming into town on a Thursday night in week 4. The Bengals go down 14-0 in the first half.  Actually, not that it was the most impressive play but one that played a catalyst in what was to come. The Jags has a first and goal and it came down to them going for it on 4th down on the goal line. The Jags could have gone up 21-0 before half time but they got the stop and went into the locker room to regroup.

They come out in the second half energized. Burrow takes over and wants the ball in his hands. Everyone got involved but especially Uzomah with 2 TD’s. The Bengals tie it up at 14, only to see the Jags take a 21-14 lead. The Bengals continue playing well and tie it up at 21. The last drive sees a hyper amped Burrow take control, working an empty backfield and driving them down for McPherson’s game winning kick as time expired. Bengals win 24-21.

I made a comment elsewhere that THIS was the game where something changed for me while I was watching the game from the upper deck. Call it divine intervention or whatever you want but this game showed that this team was not your same old Bengals of old.

Get down big before half, make adjustments, come out fired up in the second half and have your QB will the team to a win on his shoulders.

”Time for me to take over” and
”Mean, nasty, tough, let’s go” and
”Get it back, it’s over for them” and of course
”Put it in my hands, it’s over”.

Thank you football Gods !!!

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

Chase vs. the Chiefs.

Down 14-0 Ja'Marr cuts off his route and sits in a hole, Burrow reads his mind and puts the ball on him the second he breaks off his route.  Ja'Marr puts on a move that makes the Chief defender give up football and join a Monestary and then out races the entire Chiefs defense.  Turning a nice 12 yard completion into a 72 yard TD.

Mind blowing. Nuts.

It wasn’t just a footrace either.  Guys had an angle on him, and he still outran them.

4 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

KC game. Going for it on 4th and 1 with 58 seconds to go in the 4th quarter with the division on the line.

I both loved and hated that play call.

• Like 1