Wild Card Weekend: Raiders @ Bengals

HoosierCat

26 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

There are plenty of other reasons they lost these games as well, but I have to put “can’t score points” pretty high on my list.

It was so very apparent in every one of those games that our opponents were the more prepared team.  And as we all know, halftime adjustments are a myth.  Marvin Lewis got out schemed and out coached in every big game, playoff or otherwise.  Small side note - the current coaching staff is very good at halftime adjustments.

• Like 1

Just now, COB said:

It was so very apparent in every one of those games that our opponents were the more prepared team.  And as we all know, halftime adjustments are a myth.  Marvin Lewis got out schemed and out coached in every big game, playoff or otherwise.  Small side note - the current coaching staff is very good at halftime adjustments.

Again, wouldn't argue the out-coached and out-prepped points. But as much as it pains me to say it because I like Andy, he was a dumpster fire in all these games. Collectively 55.7% completion rate, measly 5.5 yard average, 1 TD to 6 INTs and 4 fumbles...just a fiery mountain of postseason garbage. I don't know if Paul Brown himself could coach good enough to overcome that level of suckitude.

Our QB now seems slightly better.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

btw, how wild and cool is it that we are able to keep discussing on-field football into the post-season?

Just imagine what'll be like when we're discussing the finer points of how we stack up in the AFC championship game!

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Again, wouldn't argue the out-coached and out-prepped points. But as much as it pains me to say it because I like Andy, he was a dumpster fire in all these games. Collectively 55.7% completion rate, measly 5.5 yard average, 1 TD to 6 INTs and 4 fumbles...just a fiery mountain of postseason garbage. I don't know if Paul Brown himself could coach good enough to overcome that level of suckitude.

Our QB now seems slightly better.

I honestly liked Andy both as a person and, often, for what he did on game days. But his post season performances were absolutely putrid, to be sure. Andy was often a weird measuring stick in the NFL. If you were better than Andy, you were a "good" QB, if you were worse than Andy, your ass needed cut. Andy was just... Andy. He's like the guy at the local boxing gym that acts as a gatekeeper; if you can beat him, you can probably box at a money making level. If you can't beat him, stick to hitting the bag and sparring with other firemen/bikers. 

• Like 1

The right side of the o-line concerns me, Adenji and Prince? Yikes.  Elite pass rushers are this team's kryptonite (Chargers, Browns) so just hope they can pull out at least one playoff victory despite that.  I can see the lack of a running game continuing Saturday, and looks like it'll be up to the defense and passing game to win it again.

These chumps writing about our game are all like, “Raiders d-line, double x, Bengals have this trio of pass catching weapons, blah blah blah.”  Not a single one of them has mentioned the amazing job that Burrow’s cosmetic dentist did on those chicklets.  Dude got his teeth FIXED!!  Bengals by 21.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Speaking about playoff failure, the next time the Bengals win a playoff game (see this Saturday) it will be the first time since text messaging was introduced that someone can text “The Bengals won a playoff game” when it actually happened.

That sounds bad and the reality is even worse. The last time they won a playoff game you'd have likely been forced to page someone that they won the game. Unless you were me, in which case I'd have used a rotary phone to call somebody.

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Saturday’s Ruler of the Jungle: 

(Video Edit)

Last time I did the icky shuffle, it was trying to get out of the bathroom of the stadium during halftime of our last playoff loss. 

Saturday’s NFL Wild Card Playoff game between the Raiders and Bengals in Cincinnati is the most expensive resale game for the home team on record.

The average purchase price through Tuesday for the weekend showdown at Paul Brown Stadium is $228, according to no-fee ticket reseller TickPick. The cheapest ticket to get in the game sits at $240 — 40 percent higher than it was last Monday, when it was at $100. That’s the most expensive Bengals ticket on record of TickPick, whose data dates back to 2014. The cheapest ticket price exceeds the average price due to the sharp increase in price seen in the last 24 hours.

As the game approaches, the average purchase price will continue to rise, TickPick said.

The most expensive purchase for the game is two tickets in Section 109, Row 1 for $1,175 per ticket ($2,350 total), TickPick said.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/ticket-prices-for-raiders-bengals-playoff-game-in-record-territory-2511769/

Looks like mem took out a second mortgage.

There are a lot of ways to make a million dollars. You could rise and grind for decades, get in early on a meme stock, take a trip to Vegas in an attempt to save your land that's about to be repossessed but then lose everything on roulette which leads you to accept a total stranger's "Indecent Proposal," or, if you're like one BetMGM customer, you could place a $50,000 wager on the Cincinnati Bengals to win the Super Bowl. At +2000, that $50,000 bet will yield a cool mil, should Who Dey Nation emerge from the postseason with the Lombardi Trophy. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-betting-someone-has-1-million-riding-on-the-bengals-to-win-the-super-bowl-231729458.html

14 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

The right side of the o-line concerns me, Adenji and Prince? Yikes.  Elite pass rushers are this team's kryptonite (Chargers, Browns) so just hope they can pull out at least one playoff victory despite that.  I can see the lack of a running game continuing Saturday, and looks like it'll be up to the defense and passing game to win it again.

Yeah this is my biggest concern going into the game.   If the Bengals get into a "must pass" situation in which the Raiders D-line can just tee off it could get ugly.

Also Raiders are similar to 9ers in their preference to play coverage and rush 4.  Its these type of defense that has slowed Burrow and the offense.    I think Boyd has to have big impact underneath early in the game.

9 hours ago, 101Airborne said:

That sounds bad and the reality is even worse. The last time they won a playoff game you'd have likely been forced to page someone that they won the game. Unless you were me, in which case I'd have used a rotary phone to call somebody.

I remember the morning of the last playoff win.   Had a newspaper route (those are pretty much gone) and all the yards had "yellow" ribbons for Desert Shield, lol.