Wild Card Weekend: Raiders @ Bengals

HoosierCat

Hard to put it all into thought. 

My son and I were there, it was his first playoff game. A big smile on his face hearing just how fucking loud that crowd was and we were at 4 games this season. Standing and screaming the ENTIRE game. Game ends and he jumps in my arms screaming for joy !! Everyone around hugging everyone else. No one leaves and just dancing, cheering, high fives all around.

The walk back to fountain square parking and the streets are packed. Horns beeping, hanging out of sun roofs, WHODEY chants, insanity.

Then we end up at Smoke Justis in Covington, we walk in and stir the crowd and it’s nothing but deafening WHODEY !!!

Much like Stripes, voice sounds like I’ve been gargling on glass chips after drinking gasoline all day.

FUCKING WHODEY MY BROTHERS !!

WHODEY !!  BRING ON THE TITANS !!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Stripes said:

The Cincinnati Bengals haven’t won a playoff game since yesterday.

After hearing my ranting all year, as soon as we got back to the car and got in, she checked the clock and said to me, "The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 31 minutes. Are you going to start sulking again?" I told her, "Wait till next weekend and we'll see."

On 1/16/2022 at 2:31 PM, membengal said:

The thing that sucks about that whistle….it over shadows the brilliance of that play. 

Josh Allen had almost an exact play v Patriots.    When the Bengals/Burrow version is shown it’s all about the dumb ref.

Just an amazing play. 

It's just hitting me tonight how much appreciation I have for Zac Taylor. Whatever he is as a head coach (and maybe he's just a good one), we all know what he's dealt with here. Beyond just the losing, there's no way he has been able to completely insulate himself from the outside noise -- especially not with press conferences every damned week. He has been heavily criticized nationally and locally, and what does he do the minute he coaches us through the end of the drought?

He carries a game ball to a local bar and gives it to the fans, while sending other players out to do the same.

Thanks, Zac. That's something else.

• Like 1