2022 Schedule

Wraith

On 3/22/2022 at 2:38 PM, ArmyBengal said:

So now that we have made some upgrades, has anything changed about how we are going to finish  the season ??
Obviously, this team has the legit ability to beat any and all of these teams, but I don't see an undefeated season coming their way.

I will go with:

12-5 and the AFC North title
While they are certainly a Super Bowl contender, getting back is a challenge.
Let's just say I am hoping to enjoy 2022 as long as I did the 2021 season !!!

I think we are to the point of having luck with injuries and players/coaches bringing the A game each and every week as the biggest factor.     On paper they are or should be considered 1 of the AFC favorites and serious contender for 1 seed. 

Hopefully they avoid some scheduling disadvantages like  Monday Night on the road following a road trip or Monday Night following a road trip etc.  They got stuck with 3 road games in a row last year and those can be tough.   Hopefully bye week falls were they need it too.

I've always found preseason SOS to be close to meaningless. Nothing is ever as it seems in March.

I think this is a team that is good enough to win 13-14 games, but might win 11-12 instead just because the rest of the AFC is so stacked. 12-5 might be enough to contend for the bye. I think Baltimore is going to have a rebound season though, so the division may not be a guarantee even at 12-5. I think the AFCN looks something like this:

Cincinnati 12-5
Baltimore 11-6
Cleveland 8-9
Pittsburgh 7-10

• Like 1

Agree about Baltimore coming back this season.
I think it's good that when they were down last year, we put the foot to throat with them.
That kind of stuff tends to stick with teams for both the good and bad.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Cleveland do better this year simply because of Watson, depending on how many games he ends up playing.

• 1 month later...

New Orleans based reporter Jeff Duncan:

From everything that I've been able to gather, sounds like the Saints will be playing the Minnesota Vikings in London in Week 4 (Oct. 2) at Tottenham Hotspur. Official announcement comes tomorrow.

If true, Burrow’s return to Louisiana is on!

Now the question becomes... How many primetime games will the Super Bowl appearance create for the Bengals.
Not that I'm a fan of the confusion I think they create for the team, but just curious.
I have always enjoyed going to the home primetime games, so I may be rooting for that a little bit.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Well maybe instead of Munich, we head down to New Orleans to catch that game.
That could be a very fun weekend !!

NOLA is a fun town, I hope you can go.

I'm excited that we get to go to the Tampa game now. I was worried that one was going to be in Munich.

12 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Well maybe instead of Munich, we head down to New Orleans to catch that game.
That could be a very fun weekend !!

Be prepared to pay Super Bowl prices for tix. LSU faithful are going to descend on that game like vultures onto roadkill.