Week 18: Bengals @ Browns

HoosierCat

You know what's so refreshing to me? Being on the side of the football where some things go right. Every year in so many games the Bengals would get the Steelers or some such into a situation like 3rd and 27 and I'd be like, fuck yeah, no way they make this. Then some busted ass coverage or bubble screen later and we'd be defending 1st and goal on the 5. I'd be sitting there, head in my hands wondering why the fuck every time it is the Bengals that fuck it up at the crucial moment to go on and lose or make that critical penalty when it's 4th and goal and we get the stop. This year it seems like some of that shit actually goes our way for once. The one that always hurt the most was watching our RB running down the sidelines, no one anywhere near him, streaking for a TD and the ball just pops out of his hands and bounces out of bounds at his feet. It was like the Ghost of Football Past manifested for just long enough to smack the fucking football out of his hands and cost us the game. The last couple of games finally felt like the whole universe wasn't rooting against us. Not just because we had good games, but because some things that were toss ups actually bounced our way.  

• Like 1

agreed. 

For me, given that a KC loss would only make the 1 or 2 seed more likely, but nowhere near a shoe-in, I'd still rest as many starters as I can this week - this is my last guaranteed opportunity to do so

Ill go with the bird in the hand

I also would have kicked a FG with 51 seconds left last Sunday