Week 18: Bengals @ Browns

HoosierCat

I think any of us could argue either side of the coin and be correct.

Play everyone, get the win with the #1 seed on the line, stay hot headed into the playoffs.
or
Sit everyone and make sure we have everyone healthy headed into the playoffs.

Personally, I would prefer a combination of the two approaches.
Start the regulars and let the game play out, pulling starters as soon as feasible.

Honestly with covid I’d rather they not even travel to the game. But as they aren’t likely to lock all the starters down for the next two weeks…I wouldn’t have them play more than a series. Make it like the fourth preseason games used to be. Then turn it over to Allen, Evans etc.

And I’d still bet on the Bengals to win.

I would sit:

Burrow
Hendrickson
Awuzie
Wilson
Hopkins
Uzomah
Ogunjobi

---all either nursing injuries or coming off a season-long campaign following tough injury recoveries. Would consider sitting Mixon.

Would go with a run heavy scheme and use Perine, Williams and Evans. Would activate Shelvin and give him significant work.

4 minutes ago, membengal said:

I would sit:

Burrow
Hendrickson
Awuzie
Wilson
Hopkins
Uzomah
Ogunjobi

---all either nursing injuries or coming off a season-long campaign following tough injury recoveries. Would consider sitting Mixon.

Would go with a run heavy scheme and use Perine, Williams and Evans. Would activate Shelvin and give him significant work.

And from an injury perspective I would absolutely agree with you here as well.

Good, looks like they've adopted the covid strategy of getting everyone tested early in the week so they hopefully come off the list before the game.

Points for signing a K to handle practice duties so McPherson can rest whatever boo-boo he has.

5 hours ago, COB said:

This offense is on the heater of all heaters.  Get it ready as normal, play the main guys a few series to keep it rolling.  Then depth guys finish it out.  We’ve all seen teams give guys this whole week off then fall on face in round 1.

Couldn’t agree more.
Keep hunting.

20 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Yeah.  NOBODY do anything different at this point in the season.   Everything is going good.   

I trust everyone is still wearing the same underwear from Sunday. 

I'm still not wearing any underwear. Per your instructions I'll keep it up!

I do think there is something to the idea that teams resting starters can screw up their own momentum. It’s a difficult choice. In order of preference for me:

Burrow and starters run a series or two like the preseason and then exit > Burrow and numerous starters don’t play at all > Burrow and co. play the entire game as normal

I can live with that order, Stripes, as long as it isnt mandated that the first teamers score (off) or force a punt (def) before they are pulled, given that this team is notorious for starting off slow

Probably would have at least two more wins (and ergo seed 1) if they didnt start slow almost every damn game