Week 16: Ravens @ Bengals

HoosierCat

3 hours ago, TJJackson said:

say it right

SAY IT RIGHT

S A Y   I T   R I G H T

you know what you need to do, soldier......

However, and in addition, my comment was plural in nature.  Give me o-lineMEN, as opposed to your singular approach.
I would like to see them draft at least two and maybe more depending on free agency.

Reiff, Spain and your boy Fred are either UFA or RFA. 
Couple that with needing an upgrade at Center and three o-linemen aren't out of the question.

However, if it makes you happy TJ...
GIMME A LINEMAN !!!

• Haha 1

one good thing I will say amidst all  my negativity.....Prince didnt call much attention to himself at ORT.....this is a good thing.....a very very good thing

even if he is a backup/swing tackle next year, hes showing himself to be a solid backup....and before the last few weeks, we knew almost nothing about him other than he opted out of 2020 due to COVID

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

Im all in favor of watching Burrow do his thing......but......he has to be uninjured for that to happen

which is why he should have been pulled in the 4th quarter

again: we got lucky

No we didn’t. How many QBs suffered season ending injuries in the fourth quarter last week? The week before? And before that? Etc, etc.

Lucky mean there was a high chance that something would go wrong. In fact there was no reason to expect anything bad to happen.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

No we didn’t. How many QBs suffered season ending injuries in the fourth quarter last week? The week before? And before that? Etc, etc.

Lucky mean there was a high chance that something would go wrong. In fact there was no reason to expect anything bad to happen.

Know of any teams last year that had a quarterback go down to injury because he was getting hit too much?

Every down New Guy is out there is another chance he goes down

Leaving him out there when the game was in hand was as foolish as foolish gets

51 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Know of any teams last year that had a quarterback go down to injury because he was getting hit too much?

Every down New Guy is out there is another chance he goes down

Leaving him out there when the game was in hand was as foolish as foolish gets

Well, in that category I guess Baker Mayfield? In any event it doesn’t seem to apply to Joe.

Yeah, sure. But no special reason to think it will happen on the first snap versus the last.

Even if it was, so what? He was fine. There’s plenty of things to complain about Taylor doing that actually impacted the games. This didn’t. You want to keep harping on a non event, that’s your business, but I see no reason for it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Sam Wyche’s spirit was invoked yesterday at that asskicking. I personally watched the 61-7 Jerry Glanville massacre in 1989. And no other Bengals team has had that kind of balls until now. 

Phucumol.

I was working at my first job in nyc then and my boss knew I was a big bengals fan. I came in that Monday to find he’d taken the box score from the paper, blowing it up on the copy machine and taped it to my monitor with “Merry Christmas Dave” written on it. Ho Ho Ho.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I was working at my first job in nyc then and my boss knew I was a big bengals fan. I came in that Monday to find he’d taken the box score from the paper, blowing it up on the copy machine and taped it to my monitor with “Merry Christmas Dave” written on it. Ho Ho Ho.

It’s 5 degrees that day. Bengals are up 31-0 at halftime. Reggie Williams does a halftime speech for his last home game. Crowd is insane. Bengals onside kick to start the second half. And recover it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

It’s 5 degrees that day. Bengals are up 31-0 at halftime. Reggie Williams does a halftime speech for his last home game. Crowd is insane. Bengals onside kick to start the second half. And recover it. 

It was all epic.

• Thanks 1

so I just read a Sheeran article where it was said that Adeniji was pulled late (after two sacks that came in 4 plays) and Carman inserted in his place

so maybe Adeniji hasnt got quite the hold on the starting ORG spot as I had surmised earlier

Ive said it before and I will say again that I think Adeniji is a better OT than a OG, and I will now add that I'd like to see Carman own one of the OG spots, preferrably that troublesome ORG spot

Id like more analysis on Prince, btw, but again an OL who does well often earns silence (ie no complaints) rather than praise.  I wish Sheeran would take a longer look at him, and will ask him to do so