Jump to content
HoosierCat

Week 16: Ravens @ Bengals

Recommended Posts

Have to give props to Taylor at least, for having a winning season.  I think Burrow makes him look good most of the time, but a winning season is a winning season at this point, and this has been quite the turnaround.  Those defensive FA's are key to all of this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ArmyBengal said:

Hey Wink Martindale, how did that defensive game plan go for you today?

Oh yeah, that’s right.

EAT
A
DICK

Oh hell I forgot about his bullshit.  Aaaaaaahahahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Oh hell I forgot about his bullshit.  Aaaaaaahahahahahahaha

We would probably never hear it, but I couldn’t help but wonder if his comments fueled them throwing all damn day?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

 

Every time I hear analysts comment about how this team or that team have the best WR corps, I can’t help but think they just intentionally overlook the Bengals. Higgins, Chase and Boyd ?? Just sick.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

We would probably never hear it, but I couldn’t help but wonder if his comments fueled them throwing all damn day?

Oh we know…

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Every time I hear analysts comment about how this team or that team have the best WR corps, I can’t help but think they just intentionally overlook the Bengals. Higgins, Chase and Boyd ?? Just sick.

They could be the 2020's version of "The Three Amigo's" Elway had in Denver back in the day.  For some reason I failed to realize Boyd is signed through 2023 still, forgot all about that contract.  Ignore my "re-sign Boyd" stuff, lol.  Hell yeah they're set for the next 2 seasons.  This is their window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad that New Guy got the Bengals all time yards in a game record, but thats imo relatively unimportant - the fact that he was still in the game risking serious injury late while three scores up off pissed me off royally.

Just profound stupidity on the part of the coaching staff and another reason I want Zakky gone at season's end

The only starters I would have left in on offense would have been Boyd (to give him a shot at 100 yards - I think he finished with 85) and the newbie ORG and ORT (for much needed experience)

Everyone else, starting with New Guy, should have been yanked 

Yes, I am happy we won.  I am happy Chase came alive again.  I am happy Hendrickson and New Guy both got a team record. But decision making by the coaches needs to be better.....MUCH MUCH MUCH better.  We are lucky Burrow didnt leave on a cart at a point in the game where he didnt need to be there any longer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Still throwing like crazy down the field I’m sure old Harbaugh is not going to be happy after this lol

Fuck harbaugh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stripes said:

FIVE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE YARDS

Just staggering QB play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

I am glad that New Guy got the Bengals all time yards in a game record, but thats imo relatively unimportant - the fact that he was still in the game risking serious injury late while three scores up off pissed me off royally.

Just profound stupidity on the part of the coaching staff and another reason I want Zakky gone at season's end

The only starters I would have left in on offense would have been Boyd (to give him a shot at 100 yards - I think he finished with 85) and the newbie ORG and ORT (for much needed experience)

Everyone else, starting with New Guy, should have been yanked 

Yes, I am happy we won.  I am happy Chase came alive again.  I am happy Hendrickson and New Guy both got a team record. But decision making by the coaches needs to be better.....MUCH MUCH MUCH better.  We are lucky Burrow didnt leave on a cart at a point in the game where he didnt need to be there any longer

 

Lighten up Francis . The ravens have majored in coming back all year. We put our foot on their throat and stepped hard. That’s how it should be. Harbaugh sure as shit has done the same to us over the years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my friends call me "Psycho"

anyway.....there will be and is no lightening up

you dont step on the neck throwing the ball.  you run the ball to run out the clock, and/or simulate the run with short passes designed to move the chains

Burrow should not have been in there late, when victory was assured

P E R I O D

bad head coach making yet another in a long series of bad decisions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

my friends call me "Psycho"

anyway.....there will be and is no lightening up

you dont step on the neck throwing the ball.  you run the ball to run out the clock, and/or simulate the run with short passes designed to move the chains

Burrow should not have been in there late, when victory was assured

P E R I O D

bad head coach making yet another in a long series of bad decisions

You pass the ball against the #1 ranked rush defense that is desperately thin in the Defensive backfield.  Haven't we said "give the ball to Joe" all season?

I will admit to being pissed too but they knew what they were doing.  Listening to Zac and Joe after the game changed my thinking on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: "Haven't we said "give the ball to Joe" all season?"

we have, but......under circumstances when we are NOT blowing the opponent out

those were not the circumstances tonight

we were very much blowing the opponent out

the proper handling of a blowout, one where we are fortunate enough to be supplying the kicking rather than the ass, was not performed

we should have been running, and Burrow should have been out

we got lucky

I am happy we won, despite the disgust I am showing here, but I am far more happy that New Guy wasnt hurt despite extremely poor coaching inaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe burrow is a fucking killer. You let him hunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this case, against that team, You keep throwing. Their run D is their strength. Running it would have been opposite of running clock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, had forgotten about this - ZT may have some Sam wyche in him - fine by me

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 4th quarter play calling was vintage 2003-2009 Peyton Manning Colts. They would throw it all over the yard up by a bunch with three minutes to play. Teams could not stop them and it allowed them total control of the ball.

If the Bengals can do that, they have my blessing. Just protect Joe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×