Week 15: Bengals @ Broncos

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Oh, I don't expect them to fire Zac Taylor here. 
I seriously just want someone to punch him in the face and remove that stupid smirk he gives.

Like I said, I want to like this dude, but there's only so much of that shit I can take when watching a game.
Why? Why? WHY would he take the ball out of Burrow's hands??  Jesus, just stupid.
Live and die with the ball in his hands.  I'm good with that.  Not handing the ball off to run behind a weak o-line.

Let's go Bengals.

EDIT:
If they did can ZT, how about Bienemy with Joe Brady as his OC ??

Apparently they have no interest in Brady. As for Bienemy...I mean, I guess. What I would like most of all is to see them bring in a head coach who had actually had some success as a head coach in the NFL before. But that would cost money and he would want things his way, which means it isn't happening here.

Speaking of the players, it’s good to see that they are indeed dispensing with the happy “all in front of us” horse manure in favor of a more urgent attitude. Hobs:

The message wasn't exactly complicated. On Monday there were 27 days until the Jan. 9 season finale in Cleveland. Every one of them matters.

That’s better. Now walk the walk.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-notebook-monday-meetings-taylor-eyes-another-late-shot-with-burrow-hendr

The Bengals have allowed 11 sacks and are -3 in TO margin.     A comedy of errors and enough oddities that they resulted in drastic momentum and point swings.

If you want to look at whats gone wrong the past 2 weeks start there.

Turnovers are bad enough but its been kinda freakish with the point swings. 

Vs. Chargers they avoided a TD with a weird INT, They avoided another TD with a strip/sack that only needed a split second more.   They got a TD off Mixon Fumble,  49ers got 10 points of kick return mistakes and Bates dropped a pick 6 or at least a FG chance.

8 more in Cleveland:

Receiver Jarvis Landry, guard Wyatt Teller, tackle Jedrick Wills, tight end Austin Hooper, edge rusher Takk McKinley, and guard Drew Forbes

Two more on the PS. So bad it triggered the enhanced protocols, so it’s all masking up and virtual meetings in Cleveland now. They play Saturday.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

8 more in Cleveland:

Receiver Jarvis Landry, guard Wyatt Teller, tackle Jedrick Wills, tight end Austin Hooper, edge rusher Takk McKinley, and guard Drew Forbes

Two more on the PS. So bad it triggered the enhanced protocols, so it’s all masking up and virtual meetings in Cleveland now. They play Saturday.

That's a big blow to their line with the Raiders edge rushers on deck. 

I was just looking at the Broncos record for the season (7-6) and how they ended up there.

They started the season 3-0, with wins over the Giants, Jags and Jets.
Then they proceeded to drop the next 4 in a row to the Ravens, Steelers, Raiders and Browns.
Couple of good wins, couple of dumb losses and it's basically been a big jumble for them.

Sounds familiar, but I believe we have the better team overall.
Hoping for a good outcome Sunday !!

I HATE the saying everything is in front of us, like we've heard much of the season.
Yes, it is, but do something about it.  Don't talk about it, BE ABOUT IT.
The Brown host the Raiders and the Ravens host the Packers.
Let's goooooo !!!

• Like 1

Hobs:

Although he's going to put him on the injury report limited this week, Taylor is optimistic double-digit sacker Trey Hendrickson can play Sunday.

Same with running back Chris Evans (hamstring), who has missed the last couple of games. That may help them at kick return, but not punt return. Taylor had no answer Wednesday but said they've got an idea who they want to return punts as roll out various guys in Wednesday's practice. Slot receiver Tyler Boyd, who has 50 catches, is not exactly an ideal option back there and indications are he won't be the regular guy.

Look for Isaiah Prince to get his second start at right tackle in three weeks. Taylor called Riley Reiff (ankle) doubtful after he left last Sunday's game in the third quarter when he re-aggravated the injury.

Practice squad member Keaton Sutherland is the center Wednesday with both Trey Hopkins and Trey Hill sent home with illnesses. They didn't test for COVID, but it is the old abundance of caution thing that has served them well during the pandemic, where they are knocking on wood since they haven't lost a starter all year.

More Hobs:

INJURY UPDATE: A slew of guys rested Wednesday, but they figure to play Sunday and that includes Burrow (finger) as well as cornerback Chidobe Awuzie (foot), right end Trey Hendrickson (back) and nose tackle D.J. Reader (resting the quad he tore last season).

But middle linebacker Logan Wilson (shoulder) has been ruled out with the hope he can play the next week against the Ravens. Right tackle Riley Reiff (ankle) is doubtful.

Four players were ill, didn't test positive for COVID and were sent home: starting center Trey Hopkins, his backup, Trey Hill, long snapper Clark Harris, and Isaiah Prince. Reiff's backup. The league figures to be ramping up their COVID protocols sooner rather than later. Head coach Zac Taylor may beat them to it.

"They all tested negative. But again, you see what's going on around the league," Taylor said of his ill players. "We have to be careful with what we're doing. So they won't be at practice today for that reason. Some of them feel better than others. Some of them feel worse than others. But I think we've got to be smart here these next couple of days and weeks here about how we meet. Those aren't things that we've totally nailed down yet but certainly we've talked more about it today than any day."

That means more spacing in the meeting rooms and maybe more meetings over Zoom.

Sigh...

The Bengals made the following roster moves:

Placed OT Riley Reiff on the Reserve/Injured list. Reiff, a 10th-year player out of the University of Iowa, has an ankle injury. He has started 12 games at ROT this season.

Placed CB Chidobe Awuzie on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.