Week 14: Niners @ Bengals

HoosierCat

10 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

My son has a Christmas concert at 4pm today.
I’m expecting a hard hitting event. 
And that choir director ?? ANIMAL !!

Looks like a must win for them though as the season hasn’t quite gone their way. Injuries have been a challenge. First it was the popsicle incident of November and now we are seeing a rash of tonsillitis. Little Johnny is going to have to be on top of his game today.

No more fucking around !!
Let’s goooooo !!

Update from the concert:

Little Johnny shows up claiming he has COVID. We pumped him full of Ivermectin and sent his ass out there. He totally crushed it and saved the day. Now all we have to do is figure out how to make the dick growing from his forehead stop. Oh well, that’s why they make hats !!

Seriously though it sounds like I missed a bout of irritation by not watching. I’m really ok with that today !!

Oddly we are still a game away from taking the AFC North. On to next week I suppose.

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I’ll say this much for Zac, he’s consistent.

That is an unbelievable stat.  You’d almost have to try to not luck into a 4th quarter comeback win at least once in 24 tries.  

Today the Niners certainly executed better, played better.  Fundamentally a better team.  Better blocking, rushing etc.  Shanahan was the better coach today (and we still almost won the game).  

• Like 1

After so much glory for the line after Pittsburgh that unit has struggled the past two games.

Turnovers have been an issue all season long.  No one values the football and its finally catching up to them unfortunately.   They just find creative ways to give it back to the other team.

Bates I don't know what you do with that guy if he insists on being top paid.  He's kinda settled in William Jackson/Lawson area where he got some love from advance stat service but the big plays just aren't there.   I'm guessing you'll see some kinda offseason marketing plan justifying the lack of take aways by Bates from his team similar to what Lawson's camp put out there about his lack of sacks.

I'd like to have him back but he isn't the top safety in the league this year.

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

So that 0-24 stat can also be applied (at a smaller number) to Burrow.  I wouldn’t have guessed that either. Yes that’s an unreal stat line.

So they are a second half team, but not a particularly good one if they don’t jump out front by the end of the 3rd?

IMO it doesn't apply to Burrow at all.   Its a manufactured stat cherry picking certain games.   Limiting the sample to "entering" 4th quarter.  Burrow has had excellent 4th quarter play in his career.   If he entered the 4th tied or with a lead and that was given up but they still won it eliminates those games. 

Minnesota, Jacksonville.   Heck yesterday.   Burrow got them a lead in OT after getting it tied in the 4th.  Bates holds on to an Int and its probably a win.    The defense subsequently giving up a TD in OT not sure how those defensive plays apply to Burrow.

Its Applicable to ZT because it accounts for everything even though its still cherry picking games. 

Edit: Case in point,  this year Jacksonville took the lead 33 seconds into the 4th quarter.  

8 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

IMO it doesn't apply to Burrow at all.   Its a manufactured stat cherry picking certain games.   Limiting the sample to "entering" 4th quarter.  Burrow has had excellent 4th quarter play in his career.   If he entered the 4th tied or with a lead and that was given up but they still won it eliminates those games. 

Minnesota, Jacksonville.   Heck yesterday.   Burrow got them a lead in OT after getting it tied in the 4th.  Bates holds on to an Int and its probably a win.    The defense subsequently giving up a TD in OT not sure how those defensive plays apply to Burrow.

Its Applicable to ZT because it accounts for everything even though its still cherry picking games. 

Edit: Case in point,  this year Jacksonville took the lead 33 seconds into the 4th quarter.  

I don’t really care in the least if it’s cherry picking or a stupid stat. To be honest, I was simply surprised by the thought and it obviously does apply to Burrow for the same reason it applies to ZT. My point is, it surprised me. I wasn’t trying to say this is a reason for one thing or another. Again, it’s just interesting.

I bet if so inclined you could find some other silly ass stat that would be equally interesting without having much bearing.