Week 14: Niners @ Bengals

HoosierCat

I generally hate waiting for the late game. But maybe I’ll use the opportunity to hit up the local multiplex and check out Belfast next Sunday morning. Need to get that out of the way before the murders row of holiday openings starts the following weekend.

4 o' clocks starts, IMO are the best when attending.   You get Monday Night, Sunday Night like atmosphere but get home at a decent hour.  

The last time the 9ers played here they had a ton of fans.  I would say they actually had more fans than the Bengals.   Might be trouble in the parking lots afterward IF they get level of visitor crowd with a late start.   Fun to watch from a distance but bad to participate or get caught up in.

Hobs last night:

The Bengals by far had more injured players on Sunday they have all year. The immediate sense is that no one is out for the rest of the year, but there are going to be guys that miss some games. Leading tackler and middle linebacker Logan Wilson got carted off with a shoulder injury after covering a punt in the second quarter. Another linebacker, Markus Bailey, left earlier than that. Cornerback Chidobe Awuzie injured his ankle making his second interception of the season late in the first half....

Elsewhere he quotes Higgins saying he tweaked his ankle but doesn’t think it’s anything a little ice can’t fix. And of course Joe is determined to try and gut out the finger injury. Basically we will see how it all goes. I’m most interested in whether they can get Reiff and Hopkins back.

As much as I harp on linebackers and how the team addresses that position, it's simply not a group that can afford injuries.

I really hope they beat the 49er's this Sunday, but have no idea what to expect from the team one week to the next.
If this going to be the team that beat the Ravens and swept the Steelers or the team that has given away winnable games?

What motivation is needed to get a fast start out of this team?
I was watching the game thinking, "Do they know this isn't a scrimmage and the game really started" ??
Next thing you know, it was 24-0 with 10 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter.

• Like 1

Hobs:

Taylor said cornerback Trae Waynes (hamstring) and rookie offensive lineman D'Ante Smith (knee) are "trending" to come off injured reserve. They'll know more Tuesday if they'll start their 21-day window to practice this week.

Waynes…Waynes…name is vaguely familiar, can’t quite place it…did he have a tv show like back in the 90s…?

Hobs:

The Bengals today cleared G D'Ante Smith and CB Trae Waynes to return to practice by designating them for return from the Reserve/Injured list.

https://www.bengals.com/news/d-ante-smith-trae-waynes-cleared-to-practice

Glad to see Smith getting back into it with the oline so stressed right now. Hopefully all that promise we saw in preseason wasn't a fluke.

As for this Waynes guy, good I guess, gonna go have to google him and find out who he is...