Week 12: Steelers @ Bengals

HoosierCat

33 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

This is what we all hoped for in the offseason. The only question now is if they can execute consistently.

This! We've been here before a few times in the last 30 years. If the Lombardi ever rests at PBS, let alone a playoff win, I'll be shoveling with a broom and pan at the end of the parade.  Time will tell!

Looks like they are having fun to me.
Remember that feeling boys.  Remember how much fun it is to execute and punch a team in the mouth.
If they bring that game, this is a hard team to beat.

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy watching Chase block like that.  How many times did we have to watch Ward do that to us in the past?
Just great stuff by him and appears to be all about the team as opposed to it being all about him.

It won't let me post the link to YouTube, but the Steelers vs. Bengals Week 12 Highlights catches a hit Bates put on Claypool.
If you go to the 5:30 mark, you will see the play I'm talking about.  THAT is the attitude on defense I love to see.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Looks like they are having fun to me.
Remember that feeling boys.  Remember how much fun it is to execute and punch a team in the mouth.
If they bring that game, this is a hard team to beat.

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy watching Chase block like that.  How many times did we have to watch Ward do that to us in the past?
Just great stuff by him and appears to be all about the team as opposed to it being all about him.

It won't let me post the link to YouTube, but the Steelers vs. Bengals Week 12 Highlights catches a hit Bates put on Claypool.
If you go to the 5:30 mark, you will see the play I'm talking about.  THAT is the attitude on defense I love to see.

Yeah, that shot was great. Also ended a Pitt drive. It’s the kind of thing that doesn’t show up on the state sheet but is a huge play and why they need to pay the man.

Random thoughts rattling around my brain:

---I am under-appreciating how much of a leap Burrow is in the process of taking and have to keep reminding myself of the uncertainty surrounding how effective he would be given the recovery from the knee injury. He's magnificent. These are the good days and I am still processing that.
---I mentioned this in other threads, but Adeniji has absolutely stabilized the line - and you can see them gelling now as a unit (something that would only come with time and a chance to play together as a group)
---I cannot say enough in praise of what Hendrickson has brought the line - or in how good a complement to what Hendrickson does that Hubbard is on the other side
---Much better tackling day from the LBers in this one
---Was fun as hell to watch the D disguising looks and confusing both Ben and his receivers in this one
---I really do think the work that ZT and Callahan have put into the master plan on offense is evident now. They are fully capable of beating the **** out of opposing defenses in a variety of ways which should make it hard to ever completely shut us down. Two high shell? Fine, Mixon to bludgeon you. Bring a safety up but roll coverage to Chase? Fine, Higgins to bludgeon you. Can't take Chase fully away because they can scheme him short. Boyd and Chase forever doing dirty work blocking too. Uzomah and Sample as well. And Uzomah available for passes to move sticks. And a rapidly improving line in front of all that. I am delighted. DELIGHTED.

You really can’t understate the difference an improved oline makes. Adenji has been a clear upgrade over Carmen and XSF. Prince stepping in for Reiff yesterday and not missing a beat seems to have flown under a lot of people’s radar, but imho he’s the real deal. And as Goodberry pointed out of the twitters, they schemed Watt entirely out of the game by constantly chipping him from multiple angles. TE, RB, whatever, just get extra hands on him. Worked like a charm. Very promising if they can maintain this level of play and creativity.