Week 12: Steelers @ Bengals

HoosierCat

Heyward worries me.   Great player never really though of him as a dirty player but there was some stuff from last night that are very questionable.   If it was Burfict there would be multiple articles on it this morning.

1st - He drug down Herbert from behind in a hustle play but used his legs to trip him up.   That can destroy a QBs knee right there.   Very dirty play, IMO.

2nd - After a Herbert scramble he's laying on the QB for some reason.  Of course Collinsworth is too busy congratulating him instead of pointing what the hell is he doing. 

3rd - Then in the aftermath of him laying on the QB, it looks like he punches Herbert low.

Silly Amphar. Don’t you know there are no dirty players on the Pittsburgh team? Why, there have never been any dirty players on that team and never will be. Dirty players are for the other 31 teams. In Pittsburgh, it’s just good ol’ Steelers Football. ‘Murican as mom ‘n’ apple pie. Your contention that Hayward did anything wrong just betrays your bias against the Steelers, who never do anything wrong. Even the refs agree!

I know there is so much that can go wrong from here - but just wanted to pause and say that, relative my expectations at least - being 6-4 at this juncture is an unexpected and pleasant surprise. That they are going to play at least some meaningful games in December is a massive step forward from the uncertainty of the off-season and Burrow's recovery and the coming off of 2 and 4 win seasons. Happy to have a reason to watch games this late in the year for something other than hoping for losses to improve draft position at any rate.