Week 10: Bengals @ Bye

HoosierCat

It’s not that I worry about it, but rather just think about it. Is it that one is truly a better player or do they both suck and one just sucks less ??

It’s like the draft. There will be first round QB’s in 2022, but are they in the same footing as the top QB’s taken the last two drafts ?? I personally would hate to be a team picking at the top of the draft next year and in dire need of a QB. I think they all pretty much blow. Pick the one that blows less I guess…

1 hour ago, COB said:

Zac is just protecting Carman.  He could truly stand up there and say Adeniji is better, he’s playing better.  Pollack is probably saying that to Carman.  It’s just coach-speak, he’s playing the better player.  

I dunno Carman looked like he had decent upside, IMO. 

10 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

I dunno Carman looked like he had decent upside, IMO. 

Where in that paragraph you quoted does it say Carman doesn’t have upside, for that matter, where does it say anything critical of Carman?  

I never said he didn’t have upside.  In my opinion they are banking on that upside, giving him time to learn and develop.  And they’re protecting him from the “He’s a bust” crowd by making obtuse statements like we’re seeing what we have in the other guy.

1 hour ago, COB said:

Where in that paragraph you quoted does it say Carman doesn’t have upside, for that matter, where does it say anything critical of Carman?  

I never said he didn’t have upside.  In my opinion they are banking on that upside, giving him time to learn and develop.  And they’re protecting him from the “He’s a bust” crowd by making obtuse statements like we’re seeing what we have in the other guy.

It didn't.  Sorry.

I focused in on the "coach protecting" comment and read something in there that you didn't state.

His performance to date, IMO, doesn't need protecting he's shown a great deal of upside. 

By upside I primarily mean we haven't seen him get blown up multiple times like some other once interior line players. While at the same time he has absolutely destroyed some dudes.

Adenii has demonstrated he is a far better tackle than guard.  They should keep him focused on backing up the two OTs

Further, Adenijis performance at ORG has only been marginally better than Carmans, based on PFF scores.  Carman needs the game reps so we can see what we have in himand to give him development, whereas we're going nowhere giving Adeniji reps at ORG.  They need to go back to Carman immediately assuming he is healthy

I've lost track of whats going on with D'Ante Smith. 

Can one of ya'all bring me up to speed?

• Like 1

Not done for season.

And Williams was giving high praise to Adenii's balance and strength at guard against Cleveland. I like them looking at him there. Especially since Carman has the back issue and frankly needs more time to develop. 

In looking at the AFC standings and the top 2 teams in each division, as of today:

All but the Ravens have played at least 2 division games, who have only played one (Bengals).
Just to show how tight the AFC North is at the moment, the Steelers play the Lions and I suspect a win, which would put them tied for first place.
However, a loss would put them alone in last place.  The Bengals certainly have just as much of a chance as any other team in the North at this point.

The Patriots, Bengals and Titans are the only 3 teams in the AFC which have played 3 divisional games up to now.