Week 9: Browns @ Bengals

HoosierCat

21 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

I’m really interested in knowing what happened to this team since the Ravens game. They looked so prepared they played so hard, they were the violent team. 

Since that game they have not been the same, something has to be going on whether it’s team figured out the bengals, or they thought nobody could beat them, and they are still running high, something is wrong with these guys!!! 

His name is Mike Brown.

I’ll reserve judgment on the season until the whole thing has been played.

Clearly this team is capable of very good and also very bad things. To call either one the “real” Bengals wouldn’t make much sense until one or the other emerges as the consistent reality.

5-4 at the bye. I think 10-7 will be needed for a playoff berth. There’s no good reason they can’t do that. We’ll see.

6 minutes ago, gregcook68 said:

His name is Mike Brown.

Yea he sucks, but he is not coaching this team. There is talent on this team, not sure if the coaching staff is getting the best out of them.

Not sure if he is still running the team, I thought he passed it down. 

Either way yea I’m starting to really worry about Burrows best years will be wasted because of this coaching staff, a terrible o-line and a defense that just sucks!!! I’m so sick of this team. 

So after that awesome win against the Ravens, they have made Mike White look like Joe Montana, and let him set records.

Now they just lost the worst loss to the Browns in forever!!! 

Something is wrong with this team, and I’m looking at the coaching staff because they have no answers!!! 

16 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Yea he sucks, but he is not coaching this team. There is talent on this team, not sure if the coaching staff is getting the best out of them.

Not sure if he is still running the team, I thought he passed it down. 

Either way yea I’m starting to really worry about Burrows best years will be wasted because of this coaching staff, a terrible o-line and a defense that just sucks!!! I’m so sick of this team. 

How many years of franchise disappointment and shooting themselves in the foot do you need v69, with the only constant being MB?

35? 40?  It's 30.5 and counting!

I wish the fans could trade owners!

Mike Brown and a 3rd round pick for Steve Bisciotti?

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Looks like I made the right call.

(Eternals is pretty good btw, 8.5/10)

So you saw Eternals, about a race of immortal beings with superhuman powers who have secretly lived on Earth for thousands of years, who reunite to battle a group of evil Deviants?  That sounds like what I watched.  

• Haha 1

Good news. This is the same team that went on a run and beat the Ravens in Baltimore. Injuries are not to blame for the last 2 losses.

Bad news. This can't be blamed on injuries. This is all on coaching, mindset, and attitude with the players.

Good news. The bye comes at a good time. 

Bad news. The Bengals are in last place in the AFCN.

Good news. The Bengals have 8 games remaining and 5 of them are at home.

Bad news. The hardest part of the schedule is now here.

4 hours ago, gregcook68 said:

How many years of franchise disappointment and shooting themselves in the foot do you need v69, with the only constant being MB?

35? 40?  It's 30.5 and counting!

I wish the fans could trade owners!

Mike Brown and a 3rd round pick for Steve Bisciotti?

Mike Brown has nothing to do with a franchise QB having bad placement on an out route that turns to pick 6.  

Quit excusing the poor play of these players and coaches via the Mike Brown crutch. 

They’ve proven a certain level of play this season and simply haven’t matched it two weeks in a row.  It’s on everyone in that lockeroom.  As soon as you let them point to the boogie man it’s over. 

20 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Burrow was sacked 4-5 times and hit 12.  Aside from his mistakes, I have a hard time remembering him having any time at all in the pocket today.  Now leads the league in INT's thrown.   I'm just starting to despise Taylor at this point. 

Chase and Higgins dropped big gains.  He had time at times there was definitely break Downs in pass pro but the offense moved the ball.   They left a bunch of plays on the field.  

The hard truth for fans that want to blame only ZT or MB for the past two weeks or anytime this team loses is that IF that is truly the talent level of Higgins, Chase, Boyd, and Burrow then we might as well start drafting replacements because no sustained winning will be done with that many mistakes on the field and quite frankly its been a weakness all year but the volume of mistakes certainly increased in this game.

I like to think this is growing pains because that group has played at a higher level in the NFL against harder competition.