Week 9: Browns @ Bengals

HoosierCat

It'd sure be nice to see Joe Burrow just detonate this game. I don't buy into these little emotional factors much, but it's clear the man hates losing and he lost twice to Mayfield last year. I suspect the same thing fueled him against Jackson. Bring on the vengeance.

• Like 1

Would you... SIGN 'EM?

I wouldn't blame anyone that says no. Chemistry shouldn't be tampered with, etc. I also wouldn't blame the Bengals if they went ahead and did it. Additional offensive talent for Burrow to work with is never bad, and he isn't going to airmail balls like Baker Mayfield.

I know it's not going to happen, but I mused anyway.

I can see why they would consider the possibility.

My only thing is that I'm left to wonder how they go about "feeding all those mouths" ??
Zac has already said their philosophy is to run the ball and Mixon is already feeding on a percentage of the passes made.
There has been discussion already about having Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah, and Mixon among others getting enough targets.
"Among others" comprises 27 of Burrow's 167 completions.  That's 16% outside of the five I listed above.

Last thing Burrow or anyone else in the organization needs is a video showing OBJ open all the time and Burrow not throwing to him.

Right now it's a pass for me, but will support the team should they desire to go in that direction.

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

Would you... SIGN 'EM?

I wouldn't blame anyone that says no. Chemistry shouldn't be tampered with, etc. I also wouldn't blame the Bengals if they went ahead and did it. Additional offensive talent for Burrow to work with is never bad, and he isn't going to airmail balls like Baker Mayfield.

I know it's not going to happen, but I mused anyway.

I would say yes.  He  has no dead cap so you can cut him free if trouble arises.   Burrow and he know of each other via LSU.   I think the lower end WR spots are redundant and need more speed anyway.

Keeps him away from any other AFC rival.  

I would say no.  The offense is explosive but struggles in grinding out 1st downs.   It would be hard to get an effective mix with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd and you certainly need Higgins and Boyd in a groove to move chains. 

I doubt he makes it to the Bengals.  Hopefully a bottom feeder takes him off the market and he doesn't land in Baltimore.