Week 8: Bengals @ Jets

HoosierCat

12 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Loved the one against the Jags when down and speaking to the dude catching warm up balls:

"Give me the fucking ball.  It's time for me to take over."

In the same game, after putting them in position to win the game (which they did):

"Just put it in my hands.  It's over."

There is an actual quote from Joe talking about how he had a hard time finding a place to transfer from Ohio State.  He was coming off a broken hand, and was third on the depth chart at OSU.   

“People like Alabama were calling and wanted me to be their third string quarterback.  And I was like, me?  Like, you guys, you guys must not know about me yet.”

It's built to a point that my whole week I spend looking forward to Sunday again.
Not just because football is on, but because we have a real QB and a good team.

I wonder if it's hit the front office yet that when they put money into the team and be competitive, fans will come in droves?
Maybe they could find a way to build an indoor practice facility.  Maybe make some money with advertising or naming rights to the bubble?
I mean, if we are going to act like a real NFL team, might as well go all out and see where it takes us.

• Like 1

I started to go into cringe mode in general sometime yesterday afternoon. I get it: the Bengals got noticed, and it's great to see them getting some well-deserved media love. But maaaaan it's gotten thick. I'm trying not to get too concerned but the media is painting a target on their back the size of...well, a Target.

6 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I started to go into cringe mode in general sometime yesterday afternoon. I get it: the Bengals got noticed, and it's great to see them getting some well-deserved media love. But maaaaan it's gotten thick. I'm trying not to get too concerned but the media is painting a target on their back the size of...well, a Target.

I am enjoying it. We've had shit thrown our way for so long, I am not gonna be unhappy about not shit being thrown our way.

As for a target, media isn't putting that on their back, their play is. I am betting that this group and its QB welcomes that challenge. 

Eh, they've been playing at this level for a few weeks now, the media just didn't notice until one of their love interests, Baltimore, got popped. Now Chase has been crowned rookie of the century, Joe is the second coming of whoever your favorite HoF QB is and Taylor is HC of the year.

No surprise, of course, sports media never has had any chill. 

Uzomah thing *is* funny tho.

By the way, I HOPE the Bengals feel pressure now. Might as well get used to that shit. God knows Marvin's teams never did, and then when the playoffs came around they were never remotely ready. 

• Like 1