Week 8: Bengals @ Jets

HoosierCat

Speaking of the schedule, let's think about this:

Per the NFL, flexible scheduling will be used in Weeks 11-18. Additionally, in Weeks 5-10, flexible scheduling may be used in no more than two weeks. In Weeks 5-17, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time.

Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday or Monday nights. In Week 15, two of the five matchups designated as TBD will be played on Saturday with the remainder to be played on Sunday. Specific dates and start times for such designated Week 15 matchups will be determined and announced no later than four weeks prior to game day.

For Week 18, two Saturday games and the Sunday night game will be announced no later than six days prior to January 9. The schedule does not list Saturday games or a Sunday night game in Week 18, but games with playoff implications will be moved to those time slots.

Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and give “surprise” teams a chance to play their way into primetime. In Week 18, two games will be played on Saturday, one at 4:30 PM ET and one at 8:15 PM ET with the remainder to be played on Sunday afternoon at 1:00 PM ET and 4:25 PM ET, and one matchup to be played on Sunday night at 8:20 PM ET.

Looking at the Sunday night schedule I don't really see any obvious games to swap out. The best game on the Bengals' sked to flex atm looks like the week 11 trip to Vegas, but that would mean taking the Steelers out of prime time (and how sweet would that be?) and the Raiders are scheduled to play the Chiefs Sunday night in week 10 (if the Chiefs keep collapsing I suppose that could move tho...)

Bengals-Broncos wasn't one of the TBD games in week 15 (Jets-Dolphins was tho lololol) so no hope there.

Assuming the Bengals still have their act together come week 18, Cleveland II could get a Saturday or Sunday night slot.

Folks are starting to acknowledge Chase as the runaway OROY. Fine, great. He should be.

How about putting him in the MVP race? I know it isn't going to happen, but I want to see it mentioned. There can be absolutely no question the degree to which he has impacted the 5-2 record.

6 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Folks are starting to acknowledge Chase as the runaway OROY. Fine, great. He should be.

How about putting him in the MVP race? I know it isn't going to happen, but I want to see it mentioned. There can be absolutely no question the degree to which he has impacted the 5-2 record.

Speaking of races go vote for Joe!

https://www.nfl.com/voting/air-and-ground/

I would love to just NOT buy in, but it's too late.

There's simply too much to love about this team right now. It's electric and the players seem VERY focused despite the new attention they are getting.
Like I said, i'm expecting scores every time the offense is on the field.  EVERY TIME.  No joke.

The leaves and gutters are going to have to wait around this season, I finally have something better to do on Sundays !!!
HERE WE GO BENGALS, HERE WE GO !!!

50 minutes ago, Stripes said:

For some reason it has always been hard for a WR to get traction in the AP MVP talk.   It is mainly a QB award with some RBs sprinkled in with maybe a Lawerence Taylor type sneaking in 1 year.

I think in the modern era WRs should get more consideration.  Although, I selfishly would want Burrow to get one first just because there was so much talk about how he'd be ruined by the Bengals.

35 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I would love to just NOT buy in, but it's too late.

There's simply too much to love about this team right now. It's electric and the players seem VERY focused despite the new attention they are getting.
Like I said, i'm expecting scores every time the offense is on the field.  EVERY TIME.  No joke.

The leaves and gutters are going to have to wait around this season, I finally have something better to do on Sundays !!!
HERE WE GO BENGALS, HERE WE GO !!!

I'm buying in.  Any question regarding to the Bengal will involve some sort of response mentioning the Superbowl.  Why not?   I know I can survive disappointment.

As Browns fans are learning now and what the Marvin years taught us, each year stands on its own and can be derailed by injury or other factors AND the easiest step to take is no expectations crap team to playoff contender.  The hardest step is taking the championship step.

Bengal fans feel they are the only snake bit franchise, but through the years there are plenty of teams that don't make it.   Better enjoy it while you can. 

I am buying in. Why not? Might as well have fun the few times it come around. We've been waiting a long time to be excited. Why wait longer?

Also, Chargers at Bengals screams out to me as being ripe to be flexed to Sunday night...

15 minutes ago, membengal said:

I am buying in. Why not? Might as well have fun the few times it come around. We've been waiting a long time to be excited. Why wait longer?

Also, Chargers at Bengals screams out to me as being ripe to be flexed to Sunday night...

Good call. Would replace 9ers-Hags, which isn't exactly looking compelling right now.

Jets LBs dropping like flies. CJ Mosley missed yesterday with a hammy, unknown whether he will make it back against the Bengals.

Guy who replaced him, rookie Jamien Sherwood, tore his Achilles yesterday & is done for the year.

They also had two other backers, Quincy Williams (concussion) and Blake Cashman (groin), leave with injuries Sunday.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-lb-jamien-sherwood-to-miss-remainder-of-2021-season