Week 8: Bengals @ Jets

HoosierCat

1 minute ago, ArmyBengal said:

Hope everyone enjoyed the talk about being the #1 seed the AFC. Something tells me the media won’t be quite as excited this week.

Worst thing that could have happened, was way over the top and we paid for it big time this week

• Like 1

Just now, ArmyBengal said:

Hope everyone enjoyed the talk about being the #1 seed the AFC. Something tells me the media won’t be quite as excited this week.

A bunch of pretenders. Like I said after last weeks win I want to believe, I want the hope, everyone said this is a different team, the locker room is different. Zac Taylor has turned this team around, well looks like same crap I’ve been watching for many years, after winning big games. Guess I’ll hold my excitement till they can prove something 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, glasgowbengal said:

I’m absolutely seething after that. Seriously raging! 

Did we run anything but soft zone the whole game? Never brought pressure once.

What the fuck were they doing on defence? it’s as if they were half asleep the whole game. 

I think the zone would have been fine if guys had remembered how to tackle. That hadn’t been an issue all year until today. That said yeah, I think I would have changed it up at some point because the plan was clearly not working.

1 minute ago, volcom69 said:

A bunch of pretenders. Like I said after last weeks win I want to believe, I want the hope, everyone said this is a different team, the locker room is different. Zac Taylor has turned this team around, well looks like same crap I’ve been watching for many years, after winning big games. Guess I’ll hold my excitement till they can prove something 

And this is why the team gets treated like it does by fans and media alike. They seem to just relish the opportunity to make fools out of anyone who buys in. Oh well, on the plus side I’ll get more done at work this week since I won’t be wasting time scrolling through Bengals coverage.

what is frustrating is that while we did not deserve to win teams do not deserve all the time who still pull out wins and i feel like the refs robbed us of that chance. The ravens did not deserve to win against the Lions and did. they got some breaks from the refs and got a chance. We did not late. happens. 

Just now, HoosierCat said:

And this is why the team gets treated like it does by fans and media alike. They seem to just relish the opportunity to make fools out of anyone who buys in. Oh well, on the plus side I’ll get more done at work this week since I won’t be wasting time scrolling through Bengals coverage.

True, was exciting while it lasted. Still think they have a good team, but when you spend millions on your defense I would hope they could stop Mike White, I would hope 31 points is enough to win a game. 

Last week they were running off the field yelling You better believe we are real, and shit like that, were they yelling anything after this loss? I just wish they would keep there mouth shut to the media and just play good football, let there play speak for them. To worried about being crowned for a week, not worth it!

This is like dealing with a child when they screw up.

I'm not even mad, just disappointed that they could have been so ill prepared to handle the situation at hand.
The difference is that these guys are paid a lot of money to NOT overlook the teams they are suppose to beat.

When my now high school ArmyBengal Jr. brought home a poor grade, I asked him what happened.
He simply said, I didn't prepare enough.  I told him if he has plans to go to college (which he does) he can't afford that.

Likewise, the Bengals can't afford what happened yesterday when percentage points can cost them the playoffs.
They simply can't afford to not be pros and prepare for a 1-5 team, because it will cost them.

So disappointed in this team.  THE WHOLE TEAM.

• Like 1