General AFC North thread

Stripes

I don't know what to think about Lamar to be honest.
He's obviously an athletic anomaly, but that in and of itself doesn't make him a great QB.
He's been asking for a new deal, but doesn't have an agent and Baltimore states that are willing to work a new deal.
I would think he should consider that Kyler Murray signed his deal and is now going to be paid for missing an extended period of time.
Lamar has no such guarantees at this point.

To be honest though, it's all a big whatever to me.
All I need is Desmond Ridder to carry the Falcons to a win this Sunday !!!

IMO,  Lamar is an elite play making QB that struggles with touch on passes.  

We'll see how this season and off season plays out, but I thought they had a bad draft on the draft while most talking heads were stroking them off.   Lamar needs better WRs to help with his weakness.

I expect Baltimore to franchise and then have some drama with him, maybe a trade.    If trade, then Baltimore will need to nail the high level picks or they in big  Colts type trouble.

3 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

So Tua Pickliavoa threw approximately 8,982 interceptions against GB today and lost the game for Miami. This has the unfortunate effect of keeping Pittsburgh alive in the playoff hunt.

7-seed Steelers at 2-seed Bengals sounds alright to me.

I understand that I am basically giving the football gods the finger by saying so.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

So Tua Pickliavoa threw approximately 8,982 interceptions against GB today and lost the game for Miami. This has the unfortunate effect of keeping Pittsburgh alive in the playoff hunt.

3-7 conference record for the Steelers. they need a million miracles even if they finish 9-8. 

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

3-7 conference record for the Steelers. they need a million miracles even if they finish 9-8. 

Yeah they have like a 2% chance according to the computer models. Still, I wont be happy until someone shoves a final stake into that black-and-urine colored heart.

• 2 weeks later...

Clowns show DC Joe Woods out.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-fire-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-request-to-interview-brian-flores-jerod-mayo/

I especially like this bit:

"I will always have the utmost respect for Joe, the person, and the coach. Unfortunately, we didn't perform up to our standards enough this season, and we all in share that responsibility. We all wish Joe and his family the best in the future," Stefanski said in a prepared statement.

We all share in that responsibility? I dunno, Kev, I don’t see your ass walking out the door with him.