General AFC North thread

Stripes

Thought this was worth sharing. Contrary to popular opinion, the Bengals are not a bad team (at least over the last decade), just an average squad in the same mediocre pile with teams like the Charger, Bears and Panthers. You know who is epically bad? Cleveland. Only the Jags are even remotely close to their pathetic 42 wins. Even perennial punchline Detroit is light years closer to Cincy than the Clowns.

22 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Thought this was worth sharing. Contrary to popular opinion, the Bengals are not a bad team (at least over the last decade), just an average squad in the same mediocre pile with teams like the Charger, Bears and Panthers. You know who is epically bad? Cleveland. Only the Jags are even remotely close to their pathetic 42 wins. Even perennial punchline Detroit is light years closer to Cincy than the Clowns.

The Bengals just never really shook that 90s label.    Like next year when they make the playoffs there will be some talking head spewing this isn't your "same ole Bengals".     Bengals move slowly for change but they haven't been that lowly and hopeless for a long time.  Literally anything positive that happens to the Bengals people start spouting off "This isn't the same Bengals".

Eventually a micro phone will find its way to a former player talking about jock straps or something that happened 30 years ago.

That's why it was funny to me when they trolled Joe Thomas about the cart. 

What decade is this?  

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, HoosierCat said:

I've said it a thousand times and I think this really helps prove it; the Bengals would be a middle to upper tier squad in most other divisions. Imagine what our record would be like if we were swapped with the Pats or the Colts. Even being in the AFCN, we still have as many or nearly as many wins as many of the second place teams in other divisions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 101Airborne said:

I've said it a thousand times and I think this really helps prove it; the Bengals would be a middle to upper tier squad in most other divisions. Imagine what our record would be like if we were swapped with the Pats or the Colts. Even being in the AFCN, we still have as many or nearly as many wins as many of the second place teams in other divisions. 

I would love to dump Baltimore for Indy.   Would add nice road trips for the whole division. 

Would have sucked during Peyton years. 

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Bart Scott is dumb….none of those Raven or D coaches are going to be around to revenge the supposed running up the score

What's especially stupid about the "running up the score" thing is that they did the exact same thing last year. I've seen Raven's fans bitch about this while admitting it. Somehow it's all well and good if their guy is trying to set a record though!

3 minutes ago, COB said:

Ben in the front row.  Hey Steeler fans, the 4 AFC QBs in the divisional round were Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, and Tannehill.  Who you guys have?  No one, but you at least have a tough talking coach.  Enjoy the basement fuckheads.

It's not the best year to need a QB in the draft from most accounts.
I don't see much I think will be impact players.