General AFC North thread

Stripes

18 minutes ago, membengal said:

Don't take my ! to mean concern. I am delighted. 

I wasn’t answering back.  I was delighted as well.  A Pittsburgh a QB should specialize in wearing cutoff jean shorts and a karate kid headband.  Trubisky fits the bill perfectly.

Just now, Stripes said:

Here I was, worried about the Steelers lucking into Rodgers or R. Wilson or even Watson... and they end up with Mitchell Trubisky.

Heh.

right? Even Garrapolo would have been not awesome to see there. Trubisky? Ok!

Per Barnwell, From ‘17-‘20, he was 28th in QBR.

Steelers must figure they can leverage his strengths (1. having haircut of 5th grade soccer player, 2. headband game 12/10,  3. not being Ben Roethlisberger) and minimize his weaknesses (1. terrible accuracy on downfield throws, 2. Can’t progress through reads).  

This is best case scenario for us.  They blew it.

7 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I mean, even if he is reborn and plays well, he’s never going to be on the level of Burrow or Jackson. Third-best in the division at best.

Steelers, I hope will be in transition.   He just needs to be good enough to keep them out of franchise QB range and bad enough to keep them in wild card spot.

1 hour ago, COB said:

Per Barnwell, From ‘17-‘20, he was 28th in QBR.

Steelers must figure they can leverage his strengths (1. having haircut of 5th grade soccer player, 2. headband game 12/10,  3. not being Ben Roethlisberger) and minimize his weaknesses (1. terrible accuracy on downfield throws, 2. Can’t progress through reads).  

This is best case scenario for us.  They blew it.

I don't know if anyone else saw it, but there was a placard sitting on a table during COVID, which read:

"During this Coronavirus outbreak, remember to remain at least 10 feet away from others.  If you're wondering how far that is, picture a Bears wide receiver and then imagine where Trubisky actually threw the pass.  That distance is about 10 feet".

PRICELESS !!!

• Like 2

Good get for Baltimore. Fowler:

Safety Marcus Williams is agreeing to terms with the Baltimore Ravens on a five-year deal worth $70 million, per source. Big market-shifting deal in AFC North.

Williams was one of if not the top S available, so it doesn’t look like abates has any justification for 18-20 million. 15 yes but that’s about it. Hopefully they can come to a deal.

Schefter:

Four-time Pro-Bowl and Super-Bowl champion left tackle Andrew Whitworth, the 2021 Walter Payton Man of the Year, announced his retirement.

There weren’t more universally liked and respected players than the 40-year-old who made NFL history by becoming the oldest OT ever to play.

Hell of a run. Wish he could have made it all in Cincy.

The ONLY thing I could find happiness in losing the Super Bowl, was to see Whitworth finally get a ring.
I had nothing but the utmost respect for him as a player and person.  Simply a class act.

Now, I will readily admit that it's taken me until just now to be able to acknowledge any bit of happiness from that game.

Good luck to Whit and his family moving forward !!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the Ravens extended Harbaugh through 2025. I find I must applaud this commitment to mediocrity. Harbaugh has been there for 14 years now and hasn't done shit in the last nine. First five years: five straight playoff appearances, 9-4 in the postseason and one Super Bowl win in 2012. Since then, missed the playoffs five years out of nine,  2-4 in the postseason, no championships.

Stay as long as you want John. I don't mind.