Week 7: Bengals @ Ravens

HoosierCat

Love how Burrow had made the comment that when they went down at the end of the first half and put points on the board (LIKE THEY HAVE DONE EVERY GAME), he said he told everyone that they had them and knew exactly how the 2nd half was going to go. Straight ice from that dude and I love it !!

Have to love what the o-line is doing for Burrow.  Not to say that it can't improve, but there are times where he had all day in the pocket and Burrow has proven to be a killer when he gets that.  Jackson Carman, while scoring low has been everything I hope he would be when considering he moved from LT in college to RG in the pros. He and that o-line are only going to get better.  Spain has been a pleasant surprise as well.  Keep it up o-line and the offense will continue to be magical.

Love the game plan and how they just kept putting their foot on the gas.  Up by 10 ??  NOT ENOUGH.  
There should never be a point when this team says, that's enough.  Just keep scoring.  Do what you do best.

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.  Moderation is for cowards."

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I'll just say a few Bengal fans saw it for what it was.   1st Trevor Lawerence deserved No. 1 overall.  The next player off the board should have been Chase or Pitts.  Then 3rd should have been the remaining of Chase/Pitts.

There were a few pundits putting Slater over Sewell and I think its playing out that way right now.  

But the over all point is many took the Sewell is the next Munoz hype and never let it go and completely overlooked what a prospect Chase was.   Bengals got lucky because the team's drafting in front of them fell in love with QBs and thankfully Falcons took Pitts.

You can't pass on a talent like Chase for a high graded but not elite OT prospect.

Chase was absolutely the right pick. I thought so then and nothing has happened to change my mind.

Whether he should have been the first or second player taken after TL tho, I'm not sure. Because if he goes somewhere else, his QB isn't Joe Burrow, and I don't think he has the same kind of instant success that he's having here. That pre-existing connection the two have is IMO key to what we're seeing.

Not saying Chase wouldn't be successful elsewhere, sooner or later. 

• Like 1

Good point there Hoosier...

The Jets took a QB and got rid of Darnold who went to the Panthers.  Maybe they don't and would looking at Darnold and Chase ?
The 49'ers took a QB but still had Garoppolo.  So Garoppolo and Chase ?
The Falcons took Pitts but had Ryan.  So Ryan and Chase ?

Of those, I think Ryan would have been a good fit with Chase and Ridley making a nice combination.

That being said, F*CK all those teams and good for us !!!

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

I just want to say that today the media coverage of this team is flat out BONKERS. They are EVERYWHERE. If aliens showed up tomorrow they wouldn't get as much press as Cincinnati is getting today.

It has been hook-it-up-to-my-veins good.

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

The first highlight is an awesome example of Chase creating huge separation in a blink.

Part of the rationale for Chase over Sewell.  Dude gets open so quickly he takes pressure off the QB because he allows him to throw it so quickly.