Week 4: Jaguars @ Bengals

HoosierCat

One last thing for you guys who went to the game - the nfl network crew at halftime waxed poetic about Trevor Lawrence.  “He’s the real thing, I knew it all along, he’s a winner, I talked to him before the game and he’s so confident, I’m turning gay for Trevor, Hall of Fame Trevor that’s what I call him, blah blah blah.”

Then Burrow comes out and straight up dominated the second half.  So great.  

55 minutes ago, COB said:

One last thing for you guys who went to the game - the nfl network crew at halftime waxed poetic about Trevor Lawrence.  “He’s the real thing, I knew it all along, he’s a winner, I talked to him before the game and he’s so confident, I’m turning gay for Trevor, Hall of Fame Trevor that’s what I call him, blah blah blah.”

Then Burrow comes out and straight up dominated the second half.  So great.  

So fucking glad not to have had to hear that. I assume they changed their tune post-game?

• 2 months later...

COB and I were talking about this over in the NFL forum.
Unless you were a Jacksonville player or fan, that was one of the most hilarious things going in the NFL.

Fingering a pretty young lady (who wasn't his wife) in a bar after bailing on the team ride home after a hard loss ??  CHECK
Calling all of your assistant coaches a bunch of "Fucking Losers" ??  CHECK
Kicking one of your players after calling him a dipshit and telling him to make his fucking kicks ??  CHECK
2-11 through 13 weeks after drafting a great QB #1 overall ??  CHECK

There has to be even more we haven't heard.  Surprised, but happy, this didn't happen sooner.

That owner’s lawyers must have read that contract and told him Meyer had violated a clause or two.  The kicking of the player was documented in that the player’s agent made a complaint in a timely manner with the team or the nfl, I can’t tell which.

And I agree, it appears Meyer was looking forward to, if not encouraging, his own firing.

• Like 1