Week 3 2021 - Bengals at Steelers Game Thread

membengal

Two additional things to comment on:

While watching the game yesterday I made the same comment to my son about the Bengals looking like they were bullying them. Nice change of pace and couldn’t agree more.

You could tell Burrow was feeling it when he rushed for that first down and got up and dropped the ball.

Love all of this !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

My thoughts:

Zac Taylor took some unfair bullets after losing to the Bears, IMO.  Its simply hard to overcome -3 TO ratio on the road.

However,  this Steeler game is kinda a red flag for the offense in my eyes.  They should have 30+ in this game.   Two short field TDs.  1 chunk TD to Chase.

Mixon had a 20 yard carry and resulted in 0 points.   ZT and co.  has to find a way to get points there.    Then I think late game you gave Ben too many chances by simply not converting 1sts.

One of the big issues imho is that it's a very predictable offense. First play on 8 out of the 11 drives? Mixon run. Is Joe lined up under center? It's a run. Is Joe in the shotgun? It's a pass. They need to get more creative but I don't see any evidence Taylor or Callahan has it in them.

16 minutes ago, Wraith said:

image.png.2ed73e0e7202118b532f09f7266e4359.png

Don't get this, if his pass blocking grade is 68.8 and his run blocking is 35.8, how is it possible that his overall grade is 33.4.....what else is there for a guard?  Did he score badly on the talent portion of the pagent?  does someone think he is ugly?

The penalty might factor in if it wasn't addressed at the standard two levels.

The grade just suggests to me though that PFF has work to do.

That’s always been pff’s problem. It’s analytics aren’t strictly mathematical. They also include adjustments based on opinion. So you might have a situation where all a players good plays came at (per their opinion) unimportant times while all the bad plays came at (again in their opinion) critical moments, so adjustments are made to the math to reflect that. 

PFF evaluated my ability to haul all the groceries  in from the driveway in one trip NO MATTER WHAT, and gave me a 92.4 grade.  Special note was made of my ability to open the storm door with my knee, and the insane number of plastic bags I can carry in one hand (11).  PFF is ok after all.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, COB said:

PFF evaluated my ability to haul all the groceries  in from the driveway in one trip NO MATTER WHAT, and gave me a 92.4 grade.  Special note was made of my ability to open the storm door with my knee, and the insane number of plastic bags I can carry in one hand (11).  PFF is ok after all.

But did you put your keys in the pocket you needed to grab with your free hand without putting the bags down before unlocking and opening the door? If so, grade was accurate. 

• Like 1