Week 3: Bengals @ Steelers

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Well, my offseason fears that Burrow would need time in season to recover/adjust/get comfortable or whatever seem to have been justified. He’s not bad but he’s clearly not the Joe Burrow we saw last year again yet either.

My offseason hopes that the money spent on the d would pay off look like they’re being fulfilled. I remain skeptical that it’s really a top tier unit, but it’s clearly much better.

Sadly, it looks like my offseason hopes about improvement on the oline are not panning out. My confidence in the Carmen pick is also ebbing fast.

Taylor hasn’t done anything so far to shake my offseason conviction that he ought to be run out of town on a rail.

Exactly.   There's something for everyone looking to support their offseason world view.

People in favor of drafting Chase can point to OL metrics that are favorable to the OL.  People that wanted Sewell can point to the incredible high sack/hit rate on Burrow.

So on and so on.

As for Taylor.  He's not going to win anyone over until he posts a winning mark. 

Bengals defense through two weeks (yeah yeah sample size):

Total yards per game: 304.5 (6th)
Rushing yards per game: 95.0 (11th)
Rushing yards per attempt: 3.4 (7th)
Passing yards per game: 209.5 (9th)
Passing yards per attempt: 5.7 (5th)
Yards per play: 4.5 (4th)
Points per game: 22.0 (T10th)
Takeaways: 2 (T17th)

• Thanks 1