Total yards per game: 304.5 (6th)
Rushing yards per game: 95.0 (11th)
Rushing yards per attempt: 3.4 (7th)
Passing yards per game: 209.5 (9th)
Passing yards per attempt: 5.7 (5th)
Yards per play: 4.5 (4th)
Points per game: 22.0 (T10th)
Takeaways: 2 (T17th)

I hope this defense doesn't let Pittsburgh's offense up off the mat. 

29 minutes ago, membengal said:

Why do I not find this comforting? Oh, right. Zac, buddy, pal, c’mere a sec. Now listen: no one cares where the hits are coming from. You know what we do care about? You fukking stopping them! Find an answer, “coach,” before you break Joe again.

First, no way in hell the Bengals fire Zac during the season and as much as I might want Bieniemy, I think my chances at hitting the Power Ball are better.
Comments from Zac about playing better, what winning on the road does for you, and minimizing the impact of a crappy o-line is hilarious.

Hey coach Zac, we'd also love to hear your thoughts on what happens to ice when it gets hot.  Some say it melts, but i'm thinking you may disagree.
I don't really like this dude as a coach, but he comes across like a guy that would be cool to have a beer with and talk football.
Catch a little buzz, make fun of him when he says something about being a coach, share some jalapeno poppers and laugh.

Oh and one more thing, Burrow might be the toughest guy you've seen, but if he keeps getting hit/sacked at this current rate, I think that may change.

• Like 1

Interesting note from Dehner For once he put the gist of the argument high enough on the story to get it before you hit the paywall.

Inside the numbers: Bengals not taking advantage of opportunity in run game

By Paul Dehner Jr. Sep 21, 2021

For those searching for a desired offensive identity out of the 2021 Cincinnati Bengals, head coach Zac Taylor offered a specific description on Monday. “That we can build off of our run game,” Taylor said, “and still be able to have an efficient run game that really challenges people so they have to put extra guys in the box, then take advantage of the playmakers we have on the perimeter.”

It’s a reasonable, understandable plan, and one most teams in the league would set as a top priority. Especially those trying to alleviate pressure on the quarterback. The Bengals dedicated themselves to the concept in the first two weeks, demonstrating it wasn’t just talk during training camp when they vowed they didn’t want to throw as much as last season. Joe Burrow threw 27 passes in the opener and 30 on Sunday. Thirty was the fewest he’d thrown in any game last season.

Here’s the thing, however, about making defenses pay for leaving light boxes against Joe Mixon and the running game. When defenses actually do it, they must be punished. Thoroughly.

Specifically against Chicago, and also including the opener against Minnesota, Mixon and the Bengals have done the opposite. By nearly every metric, Mixon has ranked as the worst back in the NFL against a light box this year while above average in all other situations. The numbers are startling.

Joe Mixon vs. NFL by defenders in box Mixon has 13 carries against a light box this year. The total is fourth-most in the NFL.

This matches my impression over the first two games that Mixon seems to be going down easier this year. Not that he hasn't broken tackles, but it seems like every time he has the ball and there aren't a bunch of defenders around him and it looks like he has room to run...one guy gets a hand on him and it's over. Hopefully its a small sample size fluke but yeah this doesnt surprise me atm.

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Hey TJ I found a lineman for you!

Eh, the twitter expert probably identified the wrong party in the clip.  The pulling tackle should have taken first defender maybe.   That's a tough block for #53 trying to reach the front side backer  that's lined up in the what the D/E gap?

Either that or the RB should have pressed inside to set up the block and the TE blocking down let the DE get too much ground. 

My guess is the first.   Pulling tackle should have taken LB then let the Center try to get DB on 2nd level.

I hope this dude isn't grading for PFF.

4 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Interesting note from Dehner For once he put the gist of the argument high enough on the story to get it before you hit the paywall.

This matches my impression over the first two games that Mixon seems to be going down easier this year. Not that he hasn't broken tackles, but it seems like every time he has the ball and there aren't a bunch of defenders around him and it looks like he has room to run...one guy gets a hand on him and it's over. Hopefully its a small sample size fluke but yeah this doesnt surprise me atm.

Yeah.  I didn't want to believe it but after the metrics are matching the eye test.  Mixon has had some gash runs first two weeks wide, but needs to keep his feet on more runs.