Jump to content
HoosierCat

Week 3: Bengals @ Steelers

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, membengal said:

Yes, if they run the ball 100% of the time, he won't be sacked. We also won't score. That's some brilliant fucking posting.

well, its Amphar, so...........par for the course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

When you depend on 3 cast-off talents as starting interior lineman, you get cast-off results I guess, an injured Qb, and a RB averaging 3.4 ypc (or whatever it currently is).  

It's like a broken record: Owner that doesn't want to pay for interior lineman because he doesn't value them, but almost every other team finds a way to.

On pace to give-up 85 sacks this year. Do they really think Burrow is going to thrive and survive under those conditions for a 2nd year in a row?

What we're seeing is almost no different than last year so far, even with some improved OT play (Williams wasn't very good yesterday though, but he isn't the problem yet).

If Burrow is getting hit 9, 10 times a game again next week, and sacked 4-5 times, then they are going to have real problems this season.  I don't know how they fix that, they don't have the talent, and didn't bother to find any.

gimme

a

lineman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Ok, I don’t care who you are, that’s a funny picture.

 

He's biting my penis, help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watts leg is falling off but my guess is he'll play and somehow trump the time Ben had a 200 degree fever and avoided death. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a bit more before I crown the D. I know they're getting a lot of praise for Sunday's effort and it's well-deserved, but there was a definite difference between this D vs. Dalton and the D vs. Fields.

Andy was chewing them up. The first drive went 75 yards in five minutes and ended with a TD. The second drive started at the Bears' 7, and a little over five minutes later Dalton had marched them across midfield to the 37, where he got hurt. After that, with Fields at QB, the Bears offense was almost completely inert, able to generate only a FG the rest of the way and that only because Burrow gave them the ball deep in Bengals territory.

So yeah, one cheer for shutting down a rookie QB for two and a half quarters -- and I mean that seriously; it's not easy to stop anyone, as the long list of noobs and journeymen who've made the Bengals D look like saps over the years attests. But those first two drives are a whole different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I'd like to see a bit more before I crown the D. I know they're getting a lot of praise for Sunday's effort and it's well-deserved, but there was a definite difference between this D vs. Dalton and the D vs. Fields.

Andy was chewing them up. The first drive went 75 yards in five minutes and ended with a TD. The second drive started at the Bears' 7, and a little over five minutes later Dalton had marched them across midfield to the 37, where he got hurt. After that, with Fields at QB, the Bears offense was almost completely inert, able to generate only a FG the rest of the way and that only because Burrow gave them the ball deep in Bengals territory.

So yeah, one cheer for shutting down a rookie QB for two and a half quarters -- and I mean that seriously; it's not easy to stop anyone, as the long list of noobs and journeymen who've made the Bengals D look like saps over the years attests. But those first two drives are a whole different story.

Ok but they also shut down the Vikings which is a much harder task.   I bet Dalvin Cook doesn't have another 61 yard 3.1/ carry day the rest of the season (barring injury)...and that was 5 qtrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Ok but they also shut down the Vikings which is a much harder task.   I bet Dalvin Cook doesn't have another 61 yard 3.1/ carry day the rest of the season (barring injury)...and that was 5 qtrs.

Yup, good job there, especially after the way they got run over last season. I’m just not sold right now that they quite as good as their post week 2 ranking suggests. Definitely improved vs last year tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks at Bengals. Looks at Steelers. Thinks this could be a slog to watch…

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

I'd like to see a bit more before I crown the D. I know they're getting a lot of praise for Sunday's effort and it's well-deserved, but there was a definite difference between this D vs. Dalton and the D vs. Fields.

Andy was chewing them up. The first drive went 75 yards in five minutes and ended with a TD. The second drive started at the Bears' 7, and a little over five minutes later Dalton had marched them across midfield to the 37, where he got hurt. After that, with Fields at QB, the Bears offense was almost completely inert, able to generate only a FG the rest of the way and that only because Burrow gave them the ball deep in Bengals territory.

So yeah, one cheer for shutting down a rookie QB for two and a half quarters -- and I mean that seriously; it's not easy to stop anyone, as the long list of noobs and journeymen who've made the Bengals D look like saps over the years attests. But those first two drives are a whole different story.

IMO, Andy was gifted a BS PI call that first drive.    Overall the truth with this defense will be the division games and how they perform.

They have shut down two top RBs.    My biggest worry is 3rd down but you also have a ton of new starters so hopefully they get off the field at higher rate.

KC is about unstoppable so I don't know,  I'm sure yards/points will drop their ranking. 

The litmus test for me is Lamar Jackson they haven't come close to stopping him since he was named starter.    Just a nightmare draft taking Price over him.  Thanks Marv

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So full of shit. What a liar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note from the .com this a.m.

Quote

Right guard Xavier Su'a-Filo injured his leg Sunday and the Bengals are going to monitor him this week. Taylor says he's confident second-rounder Jackson Carman came make his first NFL start in Pittsburgh if needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always been that way with Ben.  Him or the organization trying to paint his as this tough as nails guy who plays regardless of the situation and pain.
I personally think he's a bitch with all the whining and that 99% of the time there's nothing wrong with him.

"There goes Big Ben rambling for a 78 yard touchdown scramble after shitting out his liver the night before".

Who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had to put my finger on what is not back yet for Burrow, it's literally this...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

 

Do they count holding calls in that metric?   I think Hendrickson has forced multiple ones and maybe some procedure penalties too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, membengal said:

If I had to put my finger on what is not back yet for Burrow, it's literally this...

 

Interesting.   Good stats and info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×